Historical Development Of One The Four Advanced Practice Roles (Coursework Sample)
Briefly describe the historical development of one the four advanced practice roles. From an historical perspective, identify the forces that have influenced the development of each of these roles. From your perspective, which of these forces do you view as having the most significant impact and why?
Where to Post Response:
You will post this response to the online Journal. However, please write your response in Word or another text tool and save your work. When you are ready to post, copy your response text and paste it into the online Journal. This approach will ensure that you have a backup of your work.
As this Assignment is a Journal entry and not a formal paper, it may at times be difficult to follow the organization, style, and formatting of the APA 6th Edition Manual. Despite this, your Journal Assignment should:
- be no more than 1–2 paragraphs (1 page) in length
- clearly establish and maintain the viewpoint and purpose of the Assignment;
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful; and
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
References may be included and if references are used, the references should be prepared in APA format.source..
The foundation of all advanced practice roles is the registered nurse, but clinical nurse specialists are among the four recognized APRN roles in the US. The role of clinical nurse arose after the Second World War, when the country experienced the shortage of skilled nurses due to advanced technology (Gordon, Lorilla & Lehman, 2012). The term specialist was introduced to describe what today is known as clinical nurse specialist. Frances Reiter in 1943 referred to nurses with specific skills as nurse clinicians because they were individuals capable of offering high-level patient care (Gordon, Lorilla & Lehman, 2012).
CNS role mainly dealt with acute care since the level of care was becoming more complex that required specialists. CNS role was
- Applying Ethical Frameworks in Practice(Nursing)Description: Undergraduate writing level 3 pages Health and Medicine Format Style English (U.S.) Coursework. Applying Ethical Frameworks in Practice(Nursing)...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Topic 5 Discussion 1: The Impact of Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing ReimbursementDescription: Topic 5 Discussion 1 Health, Medicine, Nursing Coursework: The Impact of Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing Reimbursement...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Childhood ObesityDescription: Choose the most appropriate alternative and describe how it can be addressed through health education Health and Medicine Coursework...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |