Report to the COO. Challenges in the Current System (Case Study Sample)
Health Level Seven International (HL7) is a not-for-profit, standards-developing organization dedicated to providing a comprehensive framework and related standards for the exchange, integration, sharing, and retrieval of electronic health information that supports clinical practice and the management, delivery, and evaluation of health services.
After reading "Strategic Initiatives" (see Module 4 assigned readings), refer to the journals listed:
Search the websites of professional health care informatics organizations, such as the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA), and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). Useful periodicals include:
Health Data Management
Health Management Technology
Healthcare IT News
Locate a case study that discusses how a health care organization solved a communication problem with a hardware solution while maintaining existing software.
Prepare a professional report (1,250-1,500 words) as if you are the informatics director of a 300-bed facility and the chief operating officer (COO) has given you the following directives:
Improve communication and coordination between admitting, laboratory, pharmacy, and clinicians to increase throughput; assume that each department has its own system currently in place.
Propose a solution that maintains existing software in each department and is supported by the HL7 initiatives.
In addition, define your focus and select a hardware solution; it may consist of a phased approach or an approach that directs attention only to one of the groups, or it may involve all of the aforementioned departments.
Provide a solution; emphasize interoperability.
Discuss how HL7 will improve communication and coordination between the departments.
Address the challenges of incorporating interoperability mandates from the Office of the National Coordinator.
Consider the challenges of an environment that is best of breed and the desire to move to a standard EHR across a health care enterprise.
Your solution may not implement new EHR software, but must provide a hardware solution to increase throughput.
Be creative with the context and formatting.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Report to the COO
Health Level Seven International (HL7) is a non-profit organization that has developed numerous healthcare informatics interoperability standards so far. Experts at this organization tend to create a sustainable framework that ensures quick retrieval and integration of electronic health information. Since 1987, Health Level Seven International has played its role in strengthening the hospital information systems. Amazingly, HL7 is always forefront when it comes to increasing awareness among healthcare professionals regarding informatics standards and their role in the healthcare industry (Salodkar & Kulkarni, 2017).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Introduction To Management Information SystemsDescription: A laptop and a tablet serve very different functions, and it is important to understand your intended use before settling on the product that will serve your interest best....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Case Study |
- IT Science Case Assignment: Data Visualization With TableauDescription: The Viz shown above represents the difference between the job percentage change per States of the USA, in between the Millennials and the Baby Boomers...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | IT & Computer Science | Case Study |
- Case Study Assignemnt, Watching Videos: ERP Components Description: In the first video, they are talking about the process of manufacturing which needs to go through some processes to be done successfully. T...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Case Study |