2 pages/≈550 words
Business & Marketing
Supreme court: Case Sackett v. EPA (2012) (BL Unit I Case Study) (Case Study Sample)
BBA 3210 Business Law Unit I Case Study Locate the Supreme Court case Sackett v. EPA (2012). You may use the Supreme Court's website or an Internet search engine to find the case. The official site of the SCOTUS is a useful and beneficial tool. Some cases even provide the opportunity to listen to the oral arguments. This site should be used to supplement any additional information you may need. Another useful site is the Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law. There are numerous sites on the Internet that provide case briefs. If any student case briefs are copied, however, there will be an automatic score of zero for the unit. You will write a case brief following the instructions below and then briefly state whether you agree with the court's decision in the case, and why. Your response should be at least 500 words in length. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. Any references or citations must be in APA style. Instructions: 1. Summarize the relevant facts in the case. 2. Identify the issue(s) the court is deciding in this case. 3. Determine the legal analysis and legal rationale used by the Court when deciding the case. 4. Identify the Court's holding and its final decision in the case. You are looking for the outcome. 5. State whether you agree with the Court's decision, and why. Support your response with concepts presented in the textbook. Text book is The Legal Environment of Business and online commerce 7th edition by Henry R. Cheeseman source..
SUPREME COURT CASE SACKETT V. EPA (2012)
Date of Submission
SUPREME COURT CASE SACKETT V. EPA (2012)
Chantal and Mike sackett owns a piece of land in a residential area sited near priest lake, Idaho. In the month of April and May 2007, the couple filled half of the cot with dirt and rocksin preparation to start building a house. In the same year on November, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of the United States of America issued the couple with an order of compliance which alleged that some of the parts of the land were a wetland according to the Clean Water Act and any activity carried on violated the law without seeking for permit from the CWA (James, 2011). The compliance order stated that the couple should remove the filings on the parcel to its original condition failure to which they could be subjected to a fine of not less than 37500 dollars per day. The Sacketts sought a hearing with EPA to challenge the finding but they were denied. They went far ahead to file a suit in the district court seeking injunctive and declaratory relief.
The issues that the court had to decide on were: -
* Whether the land was on Wetland in accordance to Clean Water Act finding.
* Inability of the Sackett to seek relief from the court after the EPA issued a compliance order.
* Whether the Sackett could obtain the Wetlands permit from the CWA and continue with the construction.
* Determine if CWA could preclude review of compliance orders before the EPA...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- DIRECT TO CONSUMER ADVERTISING OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGSDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Case Study. DIRECT TO CONSUMER ADVERTISING OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- Measuring our WorthDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Case Study. Measuring our Worth...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- case answerDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Case Study. case answer...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |