Review: Provide Substantive Content and Formatting Feedback (Article Critique Sample)
Please provide substantive content and formatting feedback for a two classmate’s expository essay attached (Zachary and Raymond).
You will need to read the attached draft papers. Remember that you are not being asked to be an expert on your classmate’s topic. You are being asked to act as an interested reader and respond to the draft as a reader.
You need to consider the following question:
How can I provide quality feedback that will help my peer when he/she is making revisions?
Complete one peers review form for each draft paper (Zachary and Raymond)
Readers will review class content, as well as strengthen vital writing and close reading skills. Writers will recognize that good writing communicates effectively with diverse readers.
To remember while viewing:
Note: The least helpful comment to receive from a pee reviewer is"It looks good to me."
* First attend to Higher Order Concerns: thesis, audience ,purpose, organization, development(support)
* Then attend to Lower Order Concerns: sentence structure, punctuation ,word choice, spelling
* Make comments inspirit of helpfulness. Take comments in spirit of helpfulness.
What does the writer do well in this assignment? (List one or more aspects.)Also, please write the writer's main claim or focus (thesis) according to what you have read. (It may not be the last sentence of the first paragraph-the traditional place for the thesis.)
The writer has been able to highlight the benefits of technology tools in improving accessibility and convenience of online education. Raymondâ€™s main focus is the convenience of online education where students can access learning materials via cell phones, laptops and tablets.
Ask clarifying questions
Whatpart(s) of the essay were abit confusing? Why?
In the second paragraph The writer points out that student increasingly aces learning materials using cell phones, but fails to state the extent to which this improves learning. The ...
- Review: Physical Activity Among the Inactive Children Description: The article is about an evaluation of effects of exergaming specifically on the physical activity among the inactive children in a physical education class....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Article Critique |
- Richman, Poorman, Beggarman, Chief: The Dynamics of Social InequalityDescription: Undergraduate level Article Critique: Richman, Poorman, Beggarman, Chief: The Dynamics of Social Inequality...1 page/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Article Critique |
- Reflect Popular Music and the Civil Rights MovementDescription: The civil rights activists did not subscribe to all types of music. For instance, initially, the activists avoided the rock ‘n' roll music because they perceived that the commercial bent of the music did not align with the goals of the movement's struggle...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Article Critique |