2 pages/≈550 words
ARCHITECTURAL FORM (Article Critique Sample)
This assignment should also consider history of architecture by thinking through these topics: Avant‐Garde/ Modernism/Politics: redux ,Making the Tradition ofModernism: exhibitions,books, and polemics ,CIAM:Dissemination of Modernism ,Housing the Colonial Subject, Form/History/Rationalism ,Systems and Cybernetics, Program, Scale & Event Territory vs. Narrative ,Systems and Cybernetics. source..
TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u HYPERLINK \l "_Toc319776176" Introduction PAGEREF _Toc319776176 \h 3
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc319776177" Analysis PAGEREF _Toc319776177 \h 3
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc319776178" Conclusion PAGEREF _Toc319776178 \h 5
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc319776179" Reference PAGEREF _Toc319776179 \h 6
Community centre is a place where members of a community gather for group activities, institutional initiatives, support networks or any other special purpose. In recent decades, it has become a major issue in an urban architecture, like a community center, to justify taxonomic classification regarding its association with different categories which are relevant with physical development of the location within correct topology. So in determining an appropriate architectural form for a community center, we need to consider the degrees of formalities, intensity of development and thoughts on traditional, rationalism, modernism or new urbanism to identify the proper topology of the site.
The scope of a community centre is very wide, covering religious, spiritual, social, ecological or technological prosperity for the wellbeing of the community. Because of this, it is very important to consider historical perspectives in relation with urban patter preference to design a community centre in association with modernist perspective, which refers to an overarching movement.
The themes and principles of modern architecture describe the basic attributes of an appropriate form of a community centre. According to these ideas, the design must reveal its purpose in simple and clear way without having any unnecessary detailing. It should also contain visual and explicit expressions of structure, idealizing the concept of truth to materials and adopting machine aesthetics. Also visual reflection on both vertical and horizontal line must be expressed accord...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Importance of site and significance of architecture in the communityDescription: History Article Critique: Importance of site and significance of architecture in the community...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Article Critique |
- Problem of authorshipDescription: History Article Critique: Problem of authorship...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Article Critique |
- ArchitectureDescription: History Article Critique: Architecture...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | History | Article Critique |