Ethos Assignment Education Article Critique Research (Article Critique Sample)
ESOL 100 Online – Ethos Assignment 10% - Summer 2020 Due date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, by 11:59 pm through Blackboard
Instructions: For this assignment, you will not be writing a formal essay. Instead, I am asking to analyze the article in short answer format. This will allow you to engage your critical reading skills and analyze the rhetorical strategy of Ethos more carefully.
Please read Module 6: Analyzing Using Ethos in detail before starting this assignment.
(1) Please paraphrase the main idea of the article in the space below. Make sure to construct the main idea sentence in proper APA format. Review the rules for APA formatting of main idea sentences. (1 mark)
(2) Analyzing Ethos.
a. Who is the author? Is he credible and trustworthy to speak on such a complex topic? What is his experience and what are his credentials? Does this make the article more or less persuasive? (3 marks)
b. Do some research about the author outside of the article. By learning more about the author’s interests, do you think he approaches the topic with a pre-conceived bias? (4 marks)
c. The author mentions student and staff testimony in paragraph 7. Are the claims he makes about students and staff trustworthy? Why or why not? (3 marks)
d. The author cites some research studies to help prove his argument. This is often a strong strategy to persuade readers. However, are his research studies credible? Do all of the links work? Are the studies current enough to be considered relevant? Is the source of the article itself credible? Please explain your answer in detail. (2 marks)
e. Conclude by stating how the author can make his argument stronger and more objective. If you think his article is already strong enough, please explain why. Is his use of Ethos successful? (2 marks)source..
ESOL 100 Online Ethos Assignment
1 Please paraphrase the main idea of the article in the space below. Make sure to construct the main idea sentence in proper APA format. Review the rules for APA formatting of main idea sentences. (1 mark)
Arming teachers is necessary in the face of the growing problem of school shootings, to deter and even prevent these incidents that cause trauma to students (Goldberg, 2018)
1 Analyzing Ethos.
* Who is the author? Is he credible and trustworthy to speak on such a complex topic? What is his experience and what are his credentials? Does this make the article more or less persuasive? (3 marks)
Michael W. Goldberg is a school psychologist and licensed concealed firearm carrier who has worked in schools for more than two decades. The author is trustworthy and credible based on his experience and working with students who have experienced trauma. Goldberg helped counsel students after the December 7, 2017 shooting in New Mexico. The author’s credibility makes the article more persuasive as the author knows what he is talking about, and is knowledgeable on mental health and handling weapons.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Critical analysis Communications & Media Article CritiqueDescription: The article The State of HBCU Athletics: The Three P’s- Past, Present, & Persistence by Cooper, Cavil & Cheeks (2014) looks at challenges facing the intercollegiate athletic programs at historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs) focusing on the history of these programs...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Communications & Media | Article Critique |
- Marketing Plan: Part 1- Prospects Business & Marketing CourseworkDescription: Globally, the hair care market is growing at an annual rate of 4.6%. Research shows by 2025, the hair industry will be valued at $ 211.5 billion (Shahbandeh, 2020). The rising demand for hair products can be linked to the growing ageing population, technological innovations in product manufacturing...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Summary of the article. Management Book Report Assignment. Description: The article starts with an introduction that brings to light, agile project management. Here, agile principles are touted as the preferred approach to accomplishing tasks in set timelines. ...2 pages/≈550 words | Harvard | Management | Book Report |