Aerospace Engineering, Ergonomics & Safety and Design & Manufacturing (Personal Statement Sample)
Tell us about yourself
(1) Areas of engineering that interest you.
My answer: Aerospace Engineering, Ergonomics & Safety and Design & Manufacturing
(2) Career or academic plans after earning a Mechanical Engineering bachelor's degree.
My answer: Find a job related to the engineering areas that interest me
(3) Relevant activities, positions of leadership, and honors (may be from high school, college, work, etc.).
My answer: Dean's List and President's List from the college and university I attended in the past
(4) Events or special circumstances that have affected your academic record (if applicable). If you have received a grade lower than C- in any college-level math, science or engineering course (even if you have retaken and passed the course), you must provide an explanation in order for your application to be considered.
My Answer: I never received any grade lower than C- in college-level math, science or engineering course. My grades from those courses were A and A-.
PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
From super-charged engines to simple two-stroke ones, everything that has an engine has always captivated me. From a tender age of eight, I have always made attempts to know much more about engine design, optimization rates, and performance. This passion was aroused while I was still in high school, especially on topics involving torque, heat and mass transfer, and engineering thermodynamics. In my early elementary school years, I would question on everything related to machines. For example, I would always ask my uncle why a vehicle requires a turbo engine while it can run on a simpler one. From then on, I always knew that my keenness to details and frequent questions would lead me to an engineering field, especially mechanical engineering.
In my high school years, I started reading more on engines â€“ both steam and motor engines. I was greatly inspired by the prowess of some of the world greatest engine innovators, including Richard Trevithick, who invented the first commercially used railway steam engine, Matthew Murray, and George Stephenson â€“ all who worked toward progressive engine innovation. These great engineers are the founding fathers of technological advancement in the field of engines. It is their stories that continually captivate me, and make me work toward achieving exemplary engine designs.
- Aerospace Engineering, Ergonomics & Safety and Design & ManufacturingDescription: Career or academic plans after earning a Mechanical Engineering bachelor's degree. Find a job related to the engineering areas that interest me...1 page/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Technology | Personal Statement |
- Computing and Personal StatementDescription: My three major interests comprise of a remarkable interlock between science and skill. Am a creative artist with an infinite passion for computers....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Technology | Personal Statement |
- Personal statement for the University of Washington BothellDescription: Personal statement for the University of Washington Bothell Admission Services - Personal Statement...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Technology | Personal Statement |