Personal Goal Statement: Doctoral Degree in Nursing (Personal Statement Sample)
Personal Goal Statement for entry into Doctor of Nursing program - Nursing Informatics specialty with a bachelors degree.
The Personal Goal Statement will act as the writing sample for your application. This writing assignment will be reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee. Please discuss your educational and professional goals, short term and long term, and address how earning your degree will help you reach these goals. The Personal Goal Statement should be a minimum of 350 words. Please use APA formatting when writing your Personal Goal Statement.
Please also include:
1.What is your motivation for seeking a doctoral degree in nursing at this time?
3. Why did you choose to apply to the doctoral program in nursing at this university?
4. Identify the specific area/topic of interest to you and describe how it fits with one or more of the College of Nursing's stated purposes of the doctoral program:
• To prepare nursing practice scholars capable of identifying, evaluating, translating, integrating, and applying evidence gained through nursing research to actual clinical practice.
• To prepare leaders for pivotal roles in leading change in today's increasingly complex health care settings and practice situations.
Personal Goal Statement
Personal Goal Statement
A nursing career is challenging, but the rewards that comes along with it are immeasurable (Kutney-Lee, Sloane, & Aiken, 2013). I have always preferred being a nurse because my parents instilled in me values of compassion and always stressed the importance of helping others in need. Nursing has been my dream since childhood. The devotion and humanity displayed by nurses by going out of their way, not just to treat patients, but also genuinely making patients happy and comfortable in difficult situations are truly inspiring (Fitzpatrick, 2010). This is what has motivated me to enroll in a Doctor of Nursing program because I want to serve patients and make a difference within my community as my parents did. My parents have always dedicated themselves in many ways in serving the community; my father is a pediatrician and my mother is a special education advisor. My parents' dedication motivates me to specialize in nursing informatics, contributing to medical research hoping to make a greater impact on people's lives.
The University is one of the best colleges that offer direct personal experiences to students. Students are nurtured to become thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and good leaders. I chose to apply for my doctoral program in nursing at this university because nursing is about dedication, reassuring, and being intuitive. Berwick, Feeley & Loehrer (2015) confirm that nurses need to acquire excellent communication skills when taking care of distressed patients. Furthermore, a nurse needs to be dependable, trusting, be able to develop relationships, be motivated, compassionate, interactive, and hardworking to be competent within the profession (Grove, S. K., Burns, N., & Gray, J. R. (2014). I believe that by enrolling at this university, I will advance my knowledge and become a ...
- What activities have you performed that demonstrate your ability to work effectively with pe. . .Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Health and Medicine Format Style English (U.S.) Admission Services - Personal Statement. What activities have you performed that demonstrate your ability to work effectively with people?...1 page/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Personal Statement |
- Statement of IntersetDescription: I am aware that one of the most important advantages when it comes to choosing nursing as a career...1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Personal Statement |
- Master of Science in Nursing Specialization in Family Nurse PractitionerDescription: Master of Science in Nursing Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner: Nursing in my opinion, is a lifelong career. ...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Personal Statement |