Explore Conferences and Proceedings Research Assignment (Research Paper Sample)
For this assignment, you will research 3 conferences in your area of specialization (Engineering Management).
Then, write a paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast the similarities and differences of the 3 conferences.
2. How do the purpose and focus of each conference differ?
3. What type of programs do the conferences offer? (poster sessions, workshops, oral presentations, group presentations, etc.)
4. What are the requirements for submission?
5. How do conference proceedings contribute to inquiry in your area of specialization?
Length: 4-5 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University's Academic Integrity Policy.
Engineering management is field that specializes in developing technical solutions through the application of highly skilled engineering, administrative organizational and planning information as well as abilities to resolve problems and bring to order operational performance. As such, it can be defined as an intersection between technology and management focusing on three main dimensions, that is, technical, human and conceptual. The technical dimension deals with understanding of and the elements of proficiency in engineering along with the science ("IRRC2017 | 2nd International Resource Recovery Conference", 2017). The human dimension deals with developing collaborative efforts within a group of different professionals working towards a specific goal. The conceptual dimension, deals with the ability of applying analytical skills and thought to the management process along with enterprise within the total system. Every so often, there are conferences where professionals in this field meet to deliberate on the various developments that have come up along with any major improvements or discoveries. Of interest in this paper, are the International Resource Recovery Conference, Integrated Continuous Biomanufacturing III and the Nanotechnology in Medicine II: Bridging Translational in vitro and in vivo Interfaces.
The International Resources Recovery Conference brings together international leaders from various fields such as academia, research and industry for subtle debates on the recovery with reference to the various solutions in resources recovery. There is some element of focus that is directed at the human climate-water-life cycle ("IRRC2017 | 2nd International Resource Recovery Conference", 2017). As such, the conference takes special interest in the facilitation of solutions revolving around, renewable energy, provision and availability of adequate food and water to the globe. This is the second International Resource Recovery Conference to be held. Compared to the Integrated Continuous Biomanufacturing III, while the two are about finding solutions in engineering management there are subtle differences. For example, the Integrated Continuous Biomanufacturing III, relates to biomanufacturing efficiency ("Integrated Continuous Biomanufacturing III", 2017). This conference mainly concentrates on the progression of state of the art technologies along with the emerging trends in reference to upstream, downstream and the unit operation in drug products. Like the International Resource Recovery Conference, Integrated Continuous Biomanufacturing III, also brings the leading academics, engineers, scientists, regulatory authorities and the industry authorities. However, in this case the experts are involved in integrated continuous bioprocessing. Nanotechnology in Medicine II: Bridging Translational in vitro and in vivo Interfaces, like the Integrated Continuous Biomanufacturing III, is also on its third run, with subtle successes from the past events. There is also some element of similarity when comparing Integrated Continuous Biomanufacturing III and Nanotechnology in Medicine II: Bridging Translatio
- Logistics: Inventory, Warehousing, Material-HandlingDescription: Logistics involves the integration of information, transportation, inventory, warehousing, material-handling, and packaging. ...5 pages/≈1375 words | 6 Sources | APA | Management | Research Paper |
- Survey Instrument: Strategy, Product Service, ModelDescription: Organizations conduct employee satisfaction surveys, in hopes of better understanding the culture of the workforce, as well as areas of strengths and weaknesses...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Research Paper |
- World of Business: Lean Operations Research AssignmentDescription: In today's competitive world of business, every organization is striving to create more value to its customers while employing fewer resources...8 pages/≈2200 words | 6 Sources | APA | Management | Research Paper |