Continuous Quality improvement(CQI) in healthcare (Research Paper Sample)
My goal for the paper is to discuss the need to have an entire healthcare system working together to have a successful quality improvement process because poor implementation results in poor outcomes.
The Paper must be related to core material from the textbooks and relate to at least one syllabus objective.
A minimum of 4 sources, there is no maximum number of sources
textbook: Sollecito, W.A. and J.K. Johnson. McLaughlin and Kaluzny’s Continuous Quality Improvement in Health Care. 4th ed. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett, 2013. ISBN-13: 978-0-7637-8154-5
Chapter 1,The Global Evolution of Continuous Quality
Chapter 2, Factors Influencing the Application and Diffusion of CQI in Health Care,
Chapter 3, Measurement, Variation, and CQI Tools, pp.
Chapter 4, Understanding and Improving Team Effectiveness,Chapter 5, The Outcome Model of Quality,
Chapter 6, Measuring Consumer Satisfaction
Chapter 7, CQI, The Role of the Patient in Continuous Quality Improvement, pp.
Chapter 8, A Social Marketing Approach to Continuous Quality Improvement Initiatives
Chapter 9, Assessing Risk and Harm in the Clinical Microsystem
Chapter 10, CQI, Transformation, and the “Learning” Organization, pp.
Chapter 11, Classification and Reduction of Medical Errors,
Chapter 12, The Role of Health Information Technology in Quality Improvement From Data to Decisions
Chapter 14, Quality Improvement in Primary Care: The Role of Organization, Systems, and Collaboratives
Chapter 15, Quality Improvement Organizations and CQI in Medicare,
Chapter 17, Quality Improvement in Nursing
Chapter 18, Accreditation: A Global Regulatory Mechanism to Promote Quality and Safety
Chapter 20, A Call to Action for Transforming Health Care in the Future, pp. 571-592.
Continuous Quality Improvement in Healthcare
Continuous Quality Improvement in Healthcare
Continuous quality improvement (CQI) refers to a strategy used by organizations to minimize wastes and enhance efficiency in a bid to increase the satisfaction of both the employees and clients (Lorch & Pollak, 2014). In other words, it is a process designed to ensure that all stakeholders are satisfied with the operations carried out in a particular organization. There is a misconception that when a problem arises, it is a consequence of unclear instructions, failure of the management team or a poor work design and cannot be attributed to individuals performing the process. However, problems can also stem from individual employees for failure to follow instructions from management or to apply the suitable techniques to perform a certain task (Lorch & Pollak, 2014). The principle behind CQI is that regardless of the utmost care, systems and processes can never be designed to be perfect and the fact that several changes occur every day in the business world. Therefore, it is necessary to adopt an evolutionary process that helps to detect changes and implement the suitable corrective actions (Lorch & Pollak, 2014).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Technology Essays
- Stereotyping Essays
- Dream Essays
- Civil war Essays
- Child abuse Essays
- Climate change Essays
- Benchmark assignment. Applying Theory to a practice problem part 3. Application of Borrowed . . .Description: Theories provide a framework through which phenomena, behaviors, situations, and events can be understood and addressed. The problem of ineffective communication is significant in the nursing practice. ...7 pages/≈1925 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- (Madeleine'sLeininger) Grand theorist report. Leininger’s TransculturalDescription: This paper focuses on the transcultural care theory which was developed by Madeline Leininger. It is based on the premise that culture plays an important role in the caring, treating and healing practices in the nursing field (McFarland &Wehbe-Alamah, 2015). ...5 pages/≈1375 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Tele Health Evaluation Data Collection MethodsDescription: Describe the rationale for the methods used in collecting the outcome data. Describe the ways in which the outcome measures evaluate the extent to which the project objectives are achieved....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |