Community Needs and Health Screening Initiative. Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
Community Needs and Health Screening Initiative
For this Assignment will pick one recommended screening from AHRQ section 2; an A or B Grade:
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality [AHRQ]. (2014). Guide to clinical preventive services. Retrieved from https://www(dot)ahrq(dot)gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/guide/index.html
Attention: I chose Colorectal Cancer for previous paper Please research on this topic.
An initiative is a project, an event, so something in the community is ideal. Workplace location for employees is fine too. Please include the following suggested level one headings so content is clear and easily identified.
Choose a conceptual model that you think might work for your initiative and explain the model here. Appendix 2 in the document at the link below will help you understand community approaches. Appendix 3 in this same document will help you with conceptual model selection. Note: This project is about screening, not physical activity evaluation. Use the appendix as a resource for models:
Physical Activity Evaluation Handbook. (2002). Retrieved from https://www(dot)cdc(dot)gov/nccdphp/dnpa/physical/handbook/pdf/handbook.pdf
You may choose to independently research your model to help you explain its application to your initiative. If you have found another model you will like to use, not listed, contact your instructor.
Discuss why it is important to screen for this condition. This is where you address your community assessment and the reason for this need in your community/ population choice. Support your stance with statistics and information, ideally related to the location and population.
Clearly address the demographics that are being screened; where they live, state, county, ages, races included etc.
This section is what you are doing at the screening and should completely align with the screening guideline above for the condition. Also all health promotion screenings include some brief prevention education component.
Bullet a few specific goals here. What do you hope to accomplish with your screening?
Briefly explain where you are doing this. It should be very specific. Senior Citizen Center in Monroe Co on Saturday. Local church- name, malls, fair etc. Think about what facility type, area you will need. Add comments on why this location meets the needs of your target population and screening choice.
This is the cost for you to develop and conduct the initiative. It is best displayed as a brief Word table showing what it costs you do develop and conduct the screening; paper, equipment, rental s etc. Volunteers are fine, but everything is not free. Students must demonstrate they can develop a cost estimate for screenings that is realistic and takes into account financials. If there is a cost for the attendees that should go here as well.
Provide a summary of your screening, general benefit to the community and why it is important.
This should be a 3–4 page paper, excluding title page, and references. A person should be able to read your paper and understand fully what you are screening, where, when, the costs and how it is supported in the guideline. Ideally a person would be able to duplicate your screening initiative, based on the clarity you present. This paper should adhere to appropriate 6th edition APA format. A minimum of 3-4 sources should be used.
A Community Guide to a Effective
Cancer Screening for
Seniors Ages 50 to 75
The type of intervention for the conceptual model in the cancer screening project was “creation of or enhanced access to places for physical activity combined with informational outreach activities”. Consideration for age was given (50 to 75 years old) and accessibility to such venues since around 43% of the senior citizen population of the United States are in high need of medical care (Pratt, 2017) which includes Colorectal Cancer Screening.
The most optimized conceptual model to be used is the community organization model. Through the community organization model, the participating individuals are empowered to improve their health since it involves active participation from an entire community in order to identify all relevant health concerns and solutions to properly address them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Continuous Quality improvement(CQI) in healthcare Description: Continuous quality improvement (CQI) refers to a strategy used by organizations to minimize wastes and enhance efficiency in a bid to increase the satisfaction of both the employees and clients (Lorch & Pollak, 2014). ...13 pages/≈3575 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Benchmark assignment. Applying Theory to a practice problem part 3. Application of Borrowed . . .Description: Theories provide a framework through which phenomena, behaviors, situations, and events can be understood and addressed. The problem of ineffective communication is significant in the nursing practice. ...7 pages/≈1925 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- (Madeleine'sLeininger) Grand theorist report. Leininger’s TransculturalDescription: This paper focuses on the transcultural care theory which was developed by Madeline Leininger. It is based on the premise that culture plays an important role in the caring, treating and healing practices in the nursing field (McFarland &Wehbe-Alamah, 2015). ...5 pages/≈1375 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |