11 pages/≈3025 words
Communications & Media
Identification Theory in Organizational Communication (Research Paper Sample)
- Review of Literature The review of literature will include a cohesive report of relevant research. Read relevant literature and write a review that narrows to the focus of the paper. Literature must be scholarly in nature. The paper should weave together the relevant literature in the chosen research area in a coherent manner to show how the growth of knowledge in this area has progressed. The lit review is not a summary of each article — it is a means of showing understanding of the growth of knowledge in a particular area of research. source..
Identification Theory in Organizational Communication
Table of Contents
TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u HYPERLINK \l "_Toc350337230"Introduction PAGEREF _Toc350337230 \h 3
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc350337231"The development of the identification theory PAGEREF _Toc350337231 \h 4
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc350337232"Literature review PAGEREF _Toc350337232 \h 6
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc350337233"The categories of organizational identification PAGEREF _Toc350337233 \h 10
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc350337234"Adoption of the identification theory PAGEREF _Toc350337234 \h 12
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc350337235"Conclusion PAGEREF _Toc350337235 \h 12
HYPERLINK \l "_Toc350337236"References PAGEREF _Toc350337236 \h 14
The success of an organization greatly relies on the behavior of the employees. This behavior is a result of strength and the power of the identity of the organization as well as the employee identification. The continuity and centrality of the employee identification seems to influence the attitude knowledge and the behavior of the employees. However, the continuity behavior is negative. Therefore, the employee identification is subject to behavior, centrality and the perception of the external prestige. It is therefore the duty of the managers to articulate the organizations’ central values as objective would stimulate high levels of identification.
Organizational identification theory addresses how the self-concepts of the employees affect the attachments made in the work place. Further it looks into how the attachments at the work place affect the employees’ self-concepts. On the grounds of symbolic interactions (Heath, 2005), the theory puts into consideration the manner in which language, meaning and thoughts would constitute the employees’ sense of belonging to the organization. Further there is the consideration of how the current processes of establishing identification would facilitate an organization’s patterns of control. Research done on multiple organizational disciplines from various methodological and theoretical perspectives indicates that identification is a process as well as a product of interactions. The theory of organizational identification was initially formulated in the 1980s by the scholars George Cheney and Philip Tompkins. They suggest that workplaces are not mere avenues for accomplishing labor and tasks. However, it is a place where participation is a way of life that is important to individuals in that it helps them reinforce their preferred senses of the persons they are.
Therefore, here in is the report on the identification theory by George and Philip. The work elaborates on the relationship between the organization communication and the identification theory (Heath, 2005). The discussion further extends to how they came up with the theory and its organization. Various organizations have adopted the theory. Su...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Structuration Theory and Organizations (Eagle Gift Foundation)Description: Communications and Media: Structuration Theory and Organizations. Eagle Gift Foundation (Research Paper)...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Research Paper |
- Movie Research PaperDescription: Communications and Media: Movie Research Paper...5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Research Paper |
- Filmic RepresentationDescription: Communications and Media Research Paper: Filmic Representation...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Research Paper |