1 page/≈275 words
Business & Marketing
Business and Marketing: Capital requirements (Research Paper Sample)
Please see attached. source..
Amazon is one the world biggest stores, with a footprint totaling to 25 million square feet. Its finances are also in the high end, with its market capital totaling to a whooping 120.24 billion. The share values are way higher than the revenues; this is because it is expected to experience more rapid growth in the future (ZDNet, 2013). While the share value of Exxon Mobil Corp is not as high as that of Amazon, it has a market capital value of 403.29 billion. It is the world’s largest by revenue and this year it became the most publicly traded. Ford Motor is the least of the group in terms of the capital value as it worth 57.55 billion. It share value is also the lowest in the group at 14.64, while Amazon and Exxon Mobil Corp are at 264.12 and 90.70 respectively.
For the companies to grow they have to spend a substantive amount on future investments for growth. They do this by evaluating lots of possible options, using a set of techniques to review the risks, time and the returns from all the available options to come up with the most favorable, which best maximize wealth. According to the first quarter of the 2013 report, the Exxon Mobil Corp has inquired capital expenditure totaling to 11.8 billion, which is an increase from the year 2012 1st quarter report, by 33%, as a result of new exploration plans the company is working on. The tax has had some favorable impacts as this saw the financial and corporate expenses in the 1st quarter 2013 drop to 219 million from 420 million in the 1st quarter of 2012. While that of the Amazon stands north of the 300 million mark (CSIMarket, 2013). This money is set for new infrastructure, which the chief financial officer, Tom Szkutak, said is due to the expected growth in the future market. Like the other two corporate the rate of expenditure is rising for Ford Motors too. In the 1st quarter of 2012, Ford’s expenditure was one million, while in the 1st quarter of 2013; it crossed the 1.4 million mark. Although the three companies are at different levels of market authority, their market capital expenditure is increasing towards the future ( Gitman & Zutter, 2011).
CSIMarket. (2013). F's Capital Expenditures...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to capital punishment:
- Finance for business: Working Capital Management TechniquesDescription: Finance for business: Working Capital Management Techniques Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Business Finance: Business and MarketingDescription: Business Finance: Business and Marketing Research Paper...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Research Paper |
- Social Sciences: GreeceDescription: Social Sciences: Greece Essay...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |