Estimating Project Cash Flows (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Please discuss the following topic:
What country(ies) do you think is(are) presently attractive for U.S. corporations seeking foreign direct investment opportunities? Take into account any geopolitical/economic/currency risks you are aware of.
• Original writing
• Please include URLs for the references that can be verified by web
I have attached the background for the module so there can be a full understanding of the assignment.
MOD 3 Estimating Project Cash Flows and Foreign direct investments
For multinational corporations and foreign investors, geopolitical, economic and currency risks influence investment opportunities. Hence, countries having stable macroeconomic policies, open trade and democratic accountability are more likely to be preferred by foreign investors. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) potentially improves the growth prospects for host countries, highlighting the need for countries to attract more FDI. According to Kearney, (2015), developed nations are the safest bet for foreign direct investment. This is a marked change from optimism in the growth of emerging economies which were performing well before the global downturn. Economic uncertainties and market volatility influence investor confidence to chose the most viable investment opportunities at the global scale (Kearney, 2015).
The U.K. Canada and Mexico are attractive to US investor. The UK and Canada are both English speaking countries, and there would be less culture shock or misunderstandings while there is protection of private property in the countries laws. One of the main concerns in Canada is the likely effect of rising job losses or rise interest, which would reduce the disposable income of borrowers (Marr, 2015). Another concern for investing in Canada is the tax systems, which is complicated. Even though, the household levels have been rising over time, the country’s economic outlook is positive (Marr, 2015). In any case, there are low-interest rates, meaning that the debt serving charges are low, and unlikely to affect the consumption levels negatively.
There are low political risks, as there is stability, with Canada an ope...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Capital Budgeting TechniquesDescription: Organizations use various capital budgeting techniques to assess the viability of investment projects...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Other (Not Listed) |
- Economics Focus on Finance Description: According to Jeannette N. Bennett, general-purpose reloadable prepaid cards are most growing in the United State market and other parts in the world. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Other (Not Listed) |
- The Humane Society of The United States Description: How large is the fund balance (savings) held by the entity and how has this varied over the past five years?...16 pages/≈4400 words | No Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Other (Not Listed) |