MGT Discussion 3 Employee-Recognition Programs Bad for Productivity (Essay Sample)
Check current periodicals to find an interesting current event article related to developing and/or rewarding employees for higher productivity.
1. Read the article.
2. Provide a summary of the article.
3. Provide additional recommendations, arguments, and ideas.
4. Include a citation for the article.
Feel free to use any business-related journals or periodicals. A good place to find HR-related journals is in ProQuest in the Trident Online Library. The following are other suggestions:
The Economist. Available at http://www(dot)economist(dot)com/
Society for Human Resource Management. Available at
http^/www(dot)shrm(dot)org/pages/default.aspx^A/tfM^z//?^, SHRM’s publication, is found in ProQuest in the Trident Online Library.The Wall Street Journal. Available at http://online(dot)wsj(dot)com/home-page
In the article titled Are Employee-Recognition Programs Bad for Productivity, Adam C. Uzialko can be found saying that it is not a good idea to implement employee recognition programs to motivate employees (Uzialko, 2018). This is because most of the workers will show good performance temporarily; this means once they are rewarded for their sincerity, hard-work, and brilliant performance, they may restart showing the old, bad behavior. It is a common observation that non-monetary awards are given on a regular basis in order to encourage people to work better and harder than ever. For example, organizational loyalty has been increased and friendly competition is encouraged. The author encourages businesses to opt for othe
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Abortion Essays
- Legalize marijuana Essays
- Learning styles Essays
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to a good man is hard to find:
- Forum 8: Will Donald Trump Win Reelection Next Year?Description: Will Donald Trump win reelection next year or will the Democratic nominee? Explain your position in substantive detail. Consider class, race/ethnicity, gender, sexuality factors....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Germany Fragile States Index AnalyzeDescription: The FSI country Rank for Germany in 2019 is 167 out of 178 Countries, which indicates that is among the 15 least fragile states in the ranking, and there has been improvement in the overall trend in the past 13 year...2 pages/≈550 words | 10 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Personal Statement: Life Goal To Become A PharmacistDescription: It has been six years since I graduated from high school. My goal in life has been to become a pharmacist. ...1 page/≈275 words | 5 Sources | Harvard | Literature & Language | Admission Essay |