There Should Not Be Any Limitations On Free Speech (Essay Sample)
American sophomore public lecture class Persuasive Speech Outline
It is best to have an outline + a speech
It is best to choose topics that are of interest to both students and professors. Don't talk about politics or academic topics. Talk about some audiences. Easy and interesting topics. There are many types of topics on the Internet that can be found. Can be used as a reference.
I am a boy, a woman, not a topic.
It’s better to be easy to back down. It's easy to talk because I ended up with a speech.
thank you for your help
Persuasive Speech Outline- There should not be any limitations on free speech.
* One of the topics that have received attention of late is whether should there be limits to freedom of speech and expression despite being a key issue in democratic societies.
* The question on whether to limit freedom of speech is a problem of legitimacy and is a moral problem.
* There are instances where free speech is legally limited, but here is still no consensus in the US on the justification of these limits.
* Freedom of speech can be limited in two ways: with legal direction that lead to more or less punishment, acquittal or condemnation and can be linked to social pressure.
* Main banning free speech in campuses based on those who are offended ignores that free speech is crucial to support liberty and enhance dialogue.
II Main Point: Limits are necessary in some cases
* Free speech that harms people is at times justified, but expressing opinions that merely offend should not be banned in campuses.
* Supporting the commission of serious crimes, incitement to discrimination, hatred or violence and attacks against a person or group of people are prohibited in many cases.
* Advocates of free speech know that people get offended by different things, and everything that offends were stopped this would limit freedom of expression and speech to much.
* Acts of discrimination and even physical attacks that denigrate groups that are then marginalized and made into scapegoats, are used justify malicious attacks against a group and how they are treated.
III Main Point: Prohibiting speech is a times based on arbitrary criteria
* When justifying the ban on free speech is applied to consider criteria of offense, many things would be prohibited depending on who is offended.
* The challenge of accepting such criteria in campus is that those who exercise their rights and freedom would be blamed if they are attacked or targeted by those who feel and believe that they have been offended.
* This would also imply that there are groups of people that deserve special respect more than others such that they cannot be critiqued.
* The meaning of what hate speech would become less c
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to freedom of speech:
- Personal Change Project PresentationDescription: The area that I am working on to impact change is in my capacity to make fast and credible decisions without delaying. I used to take too long to make even simple decisions like accepting an invitation for an event by a friend....7 pages/≈1925 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- President Trump’s 2019 Speech to Congress. Social Sciences EssayDescription: President Trump’s Speech during the State of the Union address highlighted more on his policies more than his success. The function of the state of the union address to congress is to give recommendations on policies rather than statistics on success factor. Some of the policies and recommendations...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Persuasive speech on Police brutality. Speech PresentationDescription: On March 28, 2018, the New York Times reported that 14 officers beat up 4 black men after a dispute in one bar. An off-duty officer thought that the black men was whistling at his girlfriend but actually whistling to get the attention of the bartender....2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | MLA | Creative Writing | Speech Presentation |