1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
Economics of the auto industry (Essay Sample)
Research the Internet, or printed media sources to locate an article pertaining to the economic activities of an industry. (“Economic activities” include expanding, downsizing, outsourcing, merging, reorganizing or liquidating.) Prepare a 5-minute oral presentation on the article. The main issues discussed in the article should be identified and analyzed from a microeconomics perspective. Include in your presentation your reasons for selecting the article and your recommendations for resolving the main issues. Write a 350-word summary of your presentation. Give a hard copy of your summary to your instructor just before you make your presentation. source..
Economics of the auto industry
Even though, chapter 11 Bankruptcy came into being in the 19th century when railroad companies had a bigger proportional the manufacturing industry, it is still relevant today. Similarly, the auto industry in the US used the Bankruptcy reorganization after the global down turn of 2008 -2009. General Motors (GM) announced in 2009 that it was going to close many outlets and file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy reorganization to avoid going into bankruptcy courts (Krebs, 2012). Chrysler also experienced problems after there were substantial car sales in the auto industry which led to massive job losses resulting to the same measures as GM. Consequently, the Obama Administration resulted to bailing out the large firms of the industry to avoid further damage to the economy (Krebs, 2012).
Before there was a bail out from the government, there was downsizing in the industry after consumer spending fell affecting the car manufacturing industry. The Ford company had large cash reserves and did not need to be bailed out, but the company also engaged in massive lay offs and down sizing the work force to minimize the losses from premises which were not in ful...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Economics: Consumption trend for gasolineDescription: Economics: Consumption trend for gasoline Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- ProcurementDescription: Literature and Language: This is a touch page: Procurement Essay...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Reflection LetterDescription: Reflection Letter Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |