Descriptive Paragraphs Literature & Language Essay (Essay Sample)
You are required to write a descriptive paragraph for this assignment for a total of 100 points. You may choose any person you have known personally or any place that was important in your life as your topic. However, you must demonstrate mastery of the following in your paragraph. Therefore, the depth (length) of your paragraph must be sufficient to demonstrate these concepts.
a. Topic Sentence – Be sure this is a general statement that states the person, place, or thing you will describe. Highlight this sentence in aqua blue. (10 points)
b. Body Sentences – Be sure to select ideas and write sentences that appeal to the senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, and/or touch) and that are definitely related to the topic sentence. The quality and relationship of these sentences will be evaluated. (10 points)
c. Coherence: Be sure that you organize your paragraph in the best way possible. A coherent paragraph is clear, logical, and readable.
(1) Order: Select the best order for your paragraph (time, space, or importance). Select transitions for your paragraph that demonstrate your understanding of the order. At a minimum, you must use three (3) transitions to demonstrate your understanding of this concept. Highlight these transitions in yellow. (15 points)
(2) Related Sentences: Be sure to repeat words and ideas; use synonyms and substitutions to demonstrate your understanding of this concept. Highlight these related words or sentence parts in gray. (15 points)
d. Sentence Structure: In your paragraph, demonstrate your understanding of the following sentence structures. You must demonstrate at least one (1) of EACH of the following structures. Highlight these in green. (5 points each, for a possible total of 20 points)
(1) Coordinating conjunction
(3) Conjunctive adverb
(4) Subordinate clause followed by an independent clause
e. Concluding Sentence: Be sure to complete your paragraph with a well-written concluding sentence. (15 points)
f. Mechanics and Grammar – Be sure that you complete the final step of the writing process: proofreading. Your paragraph should be free from sentence construction errors and should be spell-checked. (15 points)
Imagine a place that fulfills the desire for adventure, travel, pleasure, and refreshment after arduous week. Which place allows me to ponder, relax, refresh and meditate? This place is the Bahamas. The Bahamas is never short of adventure; the gorgeous and pristine beaches, exceptional boats and mouth-watering dishes, make Bahamas visit exhilarating! I going to describe the great source of pleasures that the Bahamas is well-positioned to offer. It is a heavenly paradise; it possesses fantasy treasures that an individual desires. The Bahamas is that places where an individual cannot identify the beginning of dreams or the ending of realities. What gives life to the Bahamas?
- Writing Assignment 3 - First Draft Literature & Language EssayDescription: The great depression struck the world like a biblical plague, and the most affected nation was America which acted as the world’s capital. The depression led to a massive fall in the economy. In America, the rate of unemployment rose from about 500,00 to over 5million unemployed people. Those few who were...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Responses to the Posts from Colleagues Literature & Language EssayDescription: I reviewed your post regarding NLRA, and I support your analysis of the topic. You are correct when you mentioned that employers exploited their employees before the enactment of NLRA. Their rights were recognized and given after their rights were protected through the law. I support your argument...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Write a letter to a soldier overseas Literature & Language EssayDescription: Thank you for serving the United States of America. The passion and sacrifices you make in your endeavors of peacekeeping in foreign lands is a true symbol of heroism. My name is Alaine. I am 17 years old and in high school. I have a brother named Alexandro. We play hockey after school and during weekends...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |