Privacy Law Differences Law Essay Research Coursework (Essay Sample)
There are major differences between U.S. privacy laws and those in the EU. After reading the information presented in this chapter and other sources, identify five differences and then answer the questions below.
1. List three U.S. companies that have been sued by the EU for not following their privacy laws.
2.For each company, summarize the case (support your claim with a reference to an article) and list one violation.
Privacy Laws – EU vs. the US
Privacy Laws – EU vs. the US
The US does not have a singular law to safeguard data privacy but has specific legislation enacted by different states or federal government to protect particular data types. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the EU, on the other hand, is a data protection framework that places all the data protection laws across Europe under one roof. GDPR emphasizes an individual's rights to data protection rather than the interest of a business, unlike the US privacy laws that seem more interested in the integrity of the data provided by an individual (Beens, 2020). GDPR provides the user with the right to amend wrongly submitted personal information for processing in addition to the common rights of access, delete, and opting out (Barrett, 2019). GDPR also grants the user the liberty to have explicit consent before submitting personal data for processing, a guarantee substituted with a privacy notice by the US privacy laws like California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Kite runner Essays
- Drugs Essays
- Artificial intelligence Essays
- George washington Essays
- The crucible Essays
- Body image Essays
- Terrorism Essays
- Autism Essays
- Edgar allan poe Essays
- Mahatma gandhi Essays
- Progressive era Essays
- Overpopulation Essays
- Professionalism Essays
- Hurricane katrina Essays
- Poetry Essays
- Single parent Essays
- Criminology graded project Law Essay Research Paper Description: Law enforcement policies are the main principles that guide law operations. These policies work to provide protection and guidance to security officers and agencies as well as setting expectations on matters related to security. The most important thing to consider when dealing...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Law | Essay |
- Victim Compensation Program Law Essay Research PaperDescription: Apart from the emotional and physical trauma, the victims of crime sometimes suffer financial stress. Crime victim compensation programs offer financial assistance to these victims as they recover from the offense. The state introduced the first crime victimization compensation program...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Law | Essay |
- Compassion Fatigue and Corrections Fatigue Analysis Law EssayDescription: Often, social workers spend a lot of time tending to other people's needs. As a result, they are inclined to neglect their emotional and mental health. Usually, when a person's daily job revolves around other people's problems, they become physically and emotionally affected. In the academic world...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Law | Essay |