Personal Changes: From One State Of Being To Another (Essay Sample)
Examine a major change in your life, whether personal or work-related, that you found challenging and difficult to make.
2) Describe the situation in a paper of 1,000–1,200 words. Include the factors discussed in the module and how they affected your reactions to the change. Include a discussion of how these factors could have been used to make the change easier or smoother.
3) Refer to the assigned readings to incorporate specific examples and details into your paper.
4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Change is the process that involves the movement from one state of being to another. It is a connecting factor that connects the former or current state of being to the current or desired state of being respectively. Change can either be negative or positive. Negative change is a downward movement I the state of being from a situation or circumstance to a worse situation. Positive change, on the other hand, is an upward movement from the current state of being to a better state of being. Positive change may also be referred to as development (Riva et al. 2016). Generally, change is a form of transformation.
Personal change is, therefore, the movement of a person from one state of being to another. It involves changes that occur in the immediate life of a person. The immediate life of a person which directly affects them is made up of several factors which include the attachments and connections that they have with those close to them, their individual factors which are from within them and their individual goals, needs, and interests. Personal change occurs when a person decides to make changes on their immediate factors (McLeod, 2016). Personal change can also be referred to as personal development. It is the improvement in the skills of a person. It includes improvement in their abilities and human capital which facilitates employability, development of talents and improvement in their awareness.
An example of a personal change that I made in my life was when I decided to move from my hometown to another town far away. My former hometown was Ithaca in the state of New York. I moved to the city of New York. At Ithaca, I lived in my parents' house. I moved to New York at the age of 21 years. Moving from my parents' house to New York was one of the greatest changes that ever occurred in my life. It was a personal change because all the effects were directly on me as an individual.
Reason's for the change
The change was brought about by several reasons. The first reason was that my parents were facing a financial crisis and they were having a problem taking care of me and my two younger siblings. As the eldest, being an adult, I felt obligated to taking care of myself and also trying to take care of my younger siblings. I felt that I was burdening my parents if I continued living in the house. I moved to New York City (NY) in search of a job that would help me take care of my needs and also provide for my siblings.
The other reason as to why I decided to make a change was because I felt the need to go to college. My parents could not afford to pay my fees so I had to figure out a way to pay my fees individually. I needed to get a job that would help support my studies. Moving to NY was, therefore, a necessary change that would help me get a job. Also, in NY, I would find a good college where I would
- Possible Systematic bias Examples: Telephone SamplingDescription: Telephone sampling is a classic example. What other possible systematic bias examples can you think of that could be possible these days?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Evidence Based Practice Appraisal: Healthcare ImprovementsDescription: There is power in having data to support change. The evidence-based practice (EBP) process is one way of advancing improvements in healthcare....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Board Presentation Assignment: Roles Of A School NurseDescription: You have been asked to present at a school board meeting regarding the role of the school nurse. What are the key points that you will plan to cover? ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |