Nurse Leader Advocacy Research Assignment Paper (Essay Sample)
Nurse Leader With Advocacy
Rate yourself using the results from the "Nurse Manager Skills Inventory": My rate is overall some experience except financial management(minimal) Currently working NICU and want to be Nurse Practitioner in the future because I want to stay bed side care(direct care).
Write a reflection of 750-1,000 words in which you identify your strengths and weaknesses related to the four content areas below:
1. Personal and professional accountability
2. Career planning
3. Personal journey disciplines
4. Reflective practice reference behaviors/tenets
Discuss how you will use your current leadership skill set to advocate for change in your workplace.
Identify one personal goal for your leadership growth and discuss your implementation plan to achieve that goal.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Nurse Leader Advocacy
Institution of Affiliation
Nurse Leader Advocacy
Nurses perform important duties in caring for patients, which include prevention of ailment, enhancement, and optimization of individuals’ health, alleviation of misery via diagnosis and therapy and promote care of populations, individuals, families and the society in general. Besides, the job of nursing requires the nurses to be full partners with other practitioners like the physicians in improving healthcare within the United States of America. However, the most fundamental feature for a nation to realize its vision of ensuring good health to citizens is good leadership, particularly in the medical settings. Therefore, strong leadership is essential in the field of care (RWJF, 2010). It is hard to speculate how the future health system will be, ground to the fact that not all nurses aspire or begin their profession with spirits of becoming frontrunners in the health organizations. On the other hand, the nursing education has to nurture heads all over the healthcare system, they will be held liable for their contributions in offering high-quality care while enhancing partnership with other health professions (IOM, 2014). Henceforth, this study focuses on strengthening nursing headship through personal reflections on different aspects of leadership.
The Leader Within
Under this subtopic, I will focus on my strengths and weakness concerning personal and professional accountability, career planning, personal journey disciplines and reflective practice reference behaviors.
Personal and Professional Accountability: my fortes include personal growth and development, ethical behavior and practice and professional association involvement (AONE & AACN, 2006). This is attributed to by the fact that currently I am working with a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and I look forward to being a nurse practitioner. However, I have one weakness, and that is certification because I have not completed my studies.
Career Planning: the fact that I am working at NICU is an added advantage because from experience I have comprehended the nature of the nursing practice. Henceforth, I have learned that for me to enhance my service to the society, I must first become a nurse. If I succeed my dream is to provide direct care. Conversely, my plan does not provide room for adapting to unforeseen future scenarios (AONE & AACN, 2006). Ground on the fact that at this era technology is changing rapidly I am disadvantaged with no aptitude to adjust to these abrupt changes. However, to avoid the scenario I will be open to my tutors who will help me solve the issue.
Personal Journey Disciplines: from my experienc...
- Advocacy Strategies To Create Change In Workplace (NICU)Description: Advocacy in a nursing workplace such as neonatal intensive care unit involves the act of pleading for another where nurses protect the rights of their clients...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Responding To A Tobacco Or Cancer Related Event In Denver ColoradoDescription: Respond to a tobacco or cancer related event in Denver or the state of Colorado impacting Hispanics with a letter to the editor....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- NRS-440V Week 5 DQ 1 Nurse Leader Research AssignmentDescription: Identify the educational preparation and role clinical nurse leader designation. Give an example of how the CNL influences direct patient care in a hospital....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |