M8D1 Assignment: Hormone Therapy, Natural Transition (Essay Sample)
As the RN working in a family health clinic, you are providing education to a peri-menopausal woman who is seeking your guidance related to hormone therapy for management of hot flashes, mood swings and night sweats.
Using information from evidence based findings found in current professional resources; respond to the following questions.
Initial Discussion Post:
• Describe two (2) benefits and two (2) risks of hormone therapy?
• Do the benefits of hormone therapy outweigh the risk? Provide rationale with evidence based data from the literature.
• What is one potential alternative to hormone therapy for this patient? Provide rationale to explain how this alternative may be beneficial for this patient.
• Describe how you will incorporate the QSEN pre-licensure Patient Centered Care competency into assisting this patient to make an informed decision on the most appropriate plan of care for her.
Perimenopause is the period during which women body makes natural transition to menopause that results to symptoms including hot flashes, mood swings, and night sweats caused by normal hormonal fluctuations. Hormone therapy is the most effective medication for treating and reducing Perimenopause symptoms, such as mood swings, night sweats, and hot flashes. Furthermore, it helps to reduce risk of developing osteoporosis and bone breakage. However, hormone therapy is associated with the risk of breast cancer, stroke, and an inc...
- Genetic Testing of the Fetus and the Parents: Ethical ChallengesDescription: Genetic Testing of Fetus and Parents: Discuss how medical, economic, or psychosocial issues might impact decision making relative to genetic testing....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- The Identification of Congenital Heart Defects in the Newborn Can Be ComplicatedDescription: Identify two (2) variables needed to promote the accuracy of pulse oximetry results in the newborn. Discuss why these variables are important to address....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- M6D1 Assignment: The Benefits of Skin-to-Skin ContactDescription: Despite evidence of the benefits of skin-to- skin contact many institutions routinely separate the mother and infant at birth. ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |