1 page/≈275 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
Effects of Obesity and Low Back Pain on Spinal Mobility: a Cross Sectional Study on Women (Essay Sample)
This assignment will be turn in via electronic My assignment is to read a journal article and write an ABSTRACT of 150 to 250 words. Here is the link where you can read the article from. http://www(dot)jneuroengrehab(dot)com/content/pdf/1743-0003-7-3.pdf Here is the guideline for writting the abstract. 1)Nonevaluative ( report rather than evaluative) 2)clear and concise language, active instead of passive, present tense for conclusion, past tense for manipulated items. 3) Brief, sentences are informative 4) include 4 to 5 most important items 5) relate it to nursing practice 6) approximately 12 words in a line. Thank you very much. source..
Effects of Obesity and Low Back Pain on Spinal Mobility: a Cross Sectional Study on Women
Obesity is the accumulation of excess fat according to world health organization. Impairment of the spine can be caused by obesity. Obesity can cause Osteoarthritis (Fransen, et al.2002). The occurrence of lower back pain (LBP) on women is observed to be 22% on an approximate figure of 6000 adults of 60 years and above who are obese. Obese women with LBP are more likely to have low spinal mobility. Those who do not experience chronic low back pain rarely get any spinal problems. There is evidence to show that obese women have difficulty in most of the daily movements e.g. bending, walking, and standing up. Research has not been done however to show the relationship between obesity and spinal mobility (Mellin, et al 1993). Research suggests that obese women with aim of reducing weight also reduce musculoskeletal pain in that process. Obese women who are overweight have disc degeneration at the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).There is no adequate research to show the relationship between obesity and the impairment of the ...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to childhood obesity:
- Childhood ObesityDescription: Essay Undergraduate: Childhood Obesity...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- ENG 101Description: Essay Undergraduate: ENG 101: Calling Home (Undergraduate)...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | Other | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Recommendation Description: Undergraduate Research Paper: Recommendation ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Literature & Language | Research Paper |