Dysphasia Diet Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
Teaching Project Guidelines
- Purpose: The purpose of the patient/family teaching project is to develop and implement a teaching plan for a geriatric patient utilizing teaching learning principles.
- Objectives: By the conclusion of the presentation, the students will be able to:
- State the various indications for a specified diet
- Explain the scientific rationale for a prescribed diet
- Describe food/fluid restrictions appropriate for diet or food/fluids encouraged to meet nutritional needs?
- Describe how to present a short nutritional teaching plan to a patient& family with cultural differences.
- Apply current research related to the nutrition topic.
- Utilize teaching experience rubric for essential criteria.
- The paper should be between 3-5 pages (not including title page and references).
- The paper must be typed and conform to APA format.
- A minimum of two references are required.
- Written paper is due during the 7th week on the assigned clinical day.
The student will be assigned one therapeutic diet from the following list.
- Dysphagic diet
Follow the teaching/nutrition project evaluation tool criteria.
Course Name and Number
Assignment Due Date
A dysphagic diet is one that entails various textures of liquids and foods that assist and make it easier for patients to swallow (Steele et al., 2014). This diet occurs in different levels depending on the thickness of foods and drinks on a scale implemented by the International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative (IDDSI) (Fairview.org, 2020). Foods can be rated on different levels on a scale of 3-7 while drinks are rated 0-4 (Fairview.org, 2020).
1 State the various indications for a specified diet
- Senior Fitness Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay PaperDescription: The decline cycle is one of the stages of the product life cycle, characterized by the ultimate drop-in product sales and a halt in the overall production. During this phase, the profitability falls; eventually, production becomes no longer profitable, and the business stops further production...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Heart failure Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay PaperDescription: The article “Beyond pharmacological treatment: an insight into therapies that target specific aspects of heart failure pathophysiology” considers heart failure as a complex disorder that is characterized by various symptoms that may include breathlessness, fatigue, pulmonary crepitations...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Community Health Project Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: In the short run, there will be an increase in the awareness of HPV vaccine among adolescent and their guardians, positive attitudes towards HPV vaccination, and an increase in the rate of HPV vaccinations among adolescents. In the long run, the prevalence of HPV infections among...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |