4 Homework Assignment 6 Pt1: Conditioned Hyper Eating (Essay Sample)
Answer the following questions and enumerate your anwers:
1. To what extent does conditioned hypereating affect you in your own personal lives?
2. How does conditioned hypereating affect you and your eating habits?
3. Why do you think conditioned hypereating is linked to excess weight gain?
4. Why do you think some people who look like they are healthy also exhibit conditioned hypereating behavior?
5. Based on the video, to what extent do/will you seek out alternative ways, other than eating, to seek pleasure and reward yourself?
6. To what extent do you think rewarding activities, other than eating, has, or will, help you either to remain in control of your eating habits or regain control of your eating habits?
7. To what extent do you think conditioned hypereating is genetic and/or environmental in origin?
8. In other words, to what extent do you think conditioned hypereating is passed down biologically from one generation to the next and/or to what extent do you think it reflects patterns of eating in the home, at school, in the workplace, and in response to marketing and selling by the food industry?
9. Do you think that genetic inheritance or the environment is more dominant in causing/perpetuating obesity? Why?
Conditioned Hyper eating
Your Institution of Affiliation
June 2, 2017
1 To what extent does conditioned hyper eating affect you in your own personal lives?
1 In my own experience, food has always been one of the things that provides comfort in times of stress and even between times when I change activities. However, I don’t think that I’ve reached a point where eating has become so uncontrollable, that I simply use it to provide a quick relief time to time. Rather, I only eat after I feel that I’ve done something productive and if I feel that I deserve a break.
2 How does conditioned hyper eating affect you and your eating habits?
2 Eating has been one of my way to reward myself after a tiring exam or after doing a task that I deem as “productive”. Nevertheless, I don’t think that I’ve reached a point where I overeat before finishing my tasks, because these tasks preoccupy me instead of the thought running inside my mind, saying that I should eat more. In other words, the feeling of accomplishment is perhaps the most powerful ‘cue’ which stimulates my reward centers.
3 Why do you think conditioned hyper eating is linked to excess weight gain?
3 I believe that overeating causes excess weight because it stimulates an individual to eat despite the fact that he/she is not hungry anymore. Conditioned hyper eating could be considered as a mere ‘want’ rather than a need for the survival of an individual. More particularly, conditioned hypereating contributes to weight gain because people who experiences this are also those who eat in larger quantities as compared to those who don’t CITATION Mer09 \l 1033 (Merlo & Gold, 2009).
4 Why do you think some people who look like they are healthy also exhibit conditioned hyper eating behavior?
4 Not all people who are ‘hypereaters’ are obese or overweight. There are a lot of people who perhaps have a faster metabolism as compared to others which makes them digest food faster. However, this does not mean that they are healthier as compared to people who are obese.
5 Based on the video, to what extent do/will you seek out alternative ways, other than eating, to seek pleasure and reward yo...
- Respiratory Problems: Nursing Interventions ClassificationDescription: Hispanic children are more likely to be diagnosed for asthma compared to the white children because of the poor standard of living of the Hispanic children....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Evidence-Based Practice Proposal Section B: Problem DescriptionDescription: Identify the stakeholders/change agents. Who, or what organizations, are concerned, may benefit from, or are affected by this proposal...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Organizational Culture and Readiness AssessmentDescription: Develop an analysis of 250 words from the results, addressing your organization's readiness level, possible project barriers and facilitators...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |