Statistical Methods and Six Sigma Research Assignment (Essay Sample)
Question # 1 Statistical Methods at least 275 words and at least 1 reference
Discuss the differences among the three major components of statistical methodology (descriptive statistics, statistical inference, and predictive statistics). Why might these distinctions be important to a manager?
Question # 2 Six Sigma at least 275 words and at least 1 reference
In 1995 Jack Welch sent a memo to his senior managers telling them that they would have to require every employee to have started Six Sigma training to be promoted. Furthermore, 40 percent of the manager's bonuses were to be tied to the successful introduction of Six Sigma. Do you believe that this directive was a motivational action, or did it violate W. Edwards Deming's maxim that managers and leaders must “cast out fear”? Why or why not?
Book to reference:
Evans, J., & Lindsay, W. (2011). Managing for quality and performance excellence (8th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage
Statistical Methods and Six Sigma
Question # 1 Statistical Methods: Discuss the differences among the three major components of statistical methodology (descriptive statistics, statistical inference, and predictive statistics). Why might these distinctions be important to a manager?
Descriptive statistics is a statistical methodology where data is presented visually and numerically including the measure of central tendency, measures of dispersion, and data distribution (Evans & Lindsay, 2011). Statistical inference refers to the process involved when drawing conclusions about the characteristics of a population from the data and hypothesis testing is one of the most common techniques in inferential testing (Evans & Lindsay, 2011). Predictive statistics focuses on forecasting and predicting the future based on historical data, with correlation and regression techniques the most common techniques of predictive statistics (Evans & Lindsay, 2011).
Descriptive statistics summarizes the data and explains through charts and tables unlike inferential stati...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal testing:
- Online Testing of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderDescription: A summary tells the main point of a piece of writing and its support. A summary must be short regardless of the length of the original piece of writing...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- M1D2: Research in Learning: Research Designs That Can Be Used To Study LearningDescription: Identify and discuss two research designs that can be used to study learning. In your discussion of these designs, be sure to offer examples...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- M1D1 Research Assignment: Nature and Nurture in Learning Description: How do the roles of nurture differ in regard to learning? Which is more important in your opinion? Support your answer using your reading and examples...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |