Globoforce (Essay Sample)
Module 4 – Case Assignment
EXIT STRATEGIES AND LEGAL ISSUES
Globoforce is a successful provider of online employee reward and recognitions using cloud –based technologies. Since its founding in 1999 they have received substantial investment from venture capital firms, and have experienced rapid growth as well as positive media coverage regarding their own positive workforce culture and their software designed to improve employee motivation for their clients.
Globoforce recently planned to take an exit strategy via an initial public offering (IPO). However, at the last minute they changed their mind and cancelled their IPO. This last minute cold feet by Globoforce’s management suggests a rethinking as to whether or not an IPO is their best exit strategy.
Review the background materials and do some research on Globoforce. Below are a couple of articles to get you started:
Alspach, K. (Mar. 22, 2014). Software firm cancels its IPO. Boston Globe
Denison, D. C. (Nov. 4, 2012). Just rewards. Boston Globe
Once you have thoroughly read the required background materials on exit strategies and finished your research on Globoforce, write a 3-page paper addressing the following questions:
- Do you think it is the right time for Globoforce to take an exit strategy, or should they wait longer? Explain your reasoning, and what kind of timeframe you propose for Globoforce’s exit strategy. Consider their current profitability and their current competition.
- What kind of exit strategy should Globoforce take? Consider the main exit strategies discussed in Hawkey (2002) and the Pearson tutorials. Explain the reasoning for your choice.
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- List supporting references and cite sources in proper format.
- Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
- Review our “Writing Style Guide” for more detail on referencing and writing expectations. This guide is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.
Introduction: Globoforce is a popular provider of online rewards for worker and also recognition through cloud-based technology. The organization was founded in 1999 and has realized substantial investment from a number of venture capital firms hence experiencing tremendous development and positive media coverage in its workforce culture together with its software, designed to upgrade workforce motivation for its clients.
Recently the organization planned to exit the IPO (Initial Public Offering).In the last minute of its withdraw , the organization changed its plan and cancelled the IPO exit Globoforce strategized for its exit and to move on with IPO, but they still withhold the plan and withdraw (Denison,2012)..Initial public Offering is a strategy that is used by venture capital organization to exit and enter the next stage of investment.
Basically Initial Public Offering withdraw enables the organization to generate a great deal of capital that can be ploughed for investment purposes. It will also ensure the dramatic development of organizations and also...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- The Financial Portion of Sinclair Business Incubation ProgramDescription: The Sinclair Student Business Incubation Program will require heavy start-up capital investment...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Crowd Funding Case Description: This source of fund is still is an exciting source of finance since it provides opportunities for small business growth. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Developing Retail Packaging Description: New products in the company are fundamental since they help to strategize the growth of the company...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |