Forum Discussion Questions: Group Behavior (Essay Sample)
Read the "You be the Consultant" scenario on page 264 in the Greenberg text. Post your responses to the following questions in relation to the scenario.
1. Casting the problem as one of poor communication between company officials and lower-level employees, what steps could be taken to fill everyone in on the company's plans, goals, and activities?
2. Give examples from your own workplace regarding differences in culture and nationality that can create poor communication.
3. What strategies does your organization have in place to deal with cultural differences and communication?
Please remember to support your answers with textbook citings and a peer-reviewed/scholarly journal. You should have three to four supporting materials for your original discussion post. Please supply references at the bottom of your post with proper APA referencing for your sources, and include APA formatted citations within your responses. Your initial post should be at least 250 words. References need to be within the last 10 years.
You be the Consultant: Group Behavior
Having casted poor communication as one of the problems between company officials and lower-level employees, there are a number of steps that could be taken to fill every employee of Palanti Strategic Consulting, where I work, in their plans, goals, and activities. First, all personnel in the firm should be equipped with culturally competent skills (Abir, 2013). This could be achieved by training forums where employees are enlightened on the concept of intercultural business communication. Intercultural business communication should be emphasized in the organization where employee are taught on ways to engage in organizati...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Logistics Planning and System DesignDescription: Is Subway’s effort aimed at “greening” the supply chain compatible with “bottom line” objectives? (Explain.)...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Security Oriented CultureDescription: What are the benefits of viewing security issues beyond the individual firm?...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Business and Marketing PaperDescription: The emergence of modern business practices has called for more efficiency and effectiveness. It is essential for organizations to use assets at their disposal prudently....3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |