ESSAY AND DISCUSSION ON MASS CUSTOMIZATION. Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
OPTION A: CUSTOMIZE A PRODUCT
Below is a list of websites where you can purchase a customized product.
“Build and price your own BMW” -- You can build your own car at
“Customize a bag”-- You can choose the design of your own bag at http://www(dot)timbuk2(dot)com/customizer
Write an essay about one of the companies from this list or another company that sells configured/customized goods online. You will start with visiting the web site of the company. In your essay, you should answer the following questions:
1. Which company’s web site did you visit? Provide the URL.
2. Choose one line of product (e.g. 2 Series Coupe model at BMW or messenger bags at Timbuk2).
3. Explain how you configure your own product? What types of choices do you have? Be specific. Answer these questions by explaining the customization process step by step.
4. Tell us how satisfied you were with the customization experience. If you were dissatisfied, what factors (e.g. design of the web page and ease of navigation, limited options for customization) contributed to your dissatisfaction?
5. How important is customization for the company? Can you describe the company’s business strategy and how mass customization fits this strategy?
1 Company Website Visited
TIMBUK 2 https://www.timbuk2.com/pages/customizer
Timbuk2 is a San-Francisco based firm that manufactures and customizes bags. The company was founded in 1989 and operates on the model of just-in-time production (Mainwaring, 2019).
2 Product Line
Messenger bags at Timbuk2 are designed to provide comfort and convenience to the customers. They are offered with adjustable cross-body straps which makes the bag easy to carry along with quick-release buckle. It comes with a big main compartment and several pockets which make the user more organized in managing their stuff.
- Writing assignment Business & Marketing Essay PaperDescription: The case study addresses the situation that Fig and Kollman are in; it was hard for them to predict that in coming years, prices would drop drastically and they would have to pay more money. In such a scenario, it would advisable to analyze the economic and financial market and also the terms...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Quizz Business & Marketing Essay Research CourseworkDescription: Invasion of privacy is actually an unjustifiable intrusion into the private life of a person with no consent. It is not a tort itself but consists of four different causes of action. The major types of invasion of privacy torts are the appropriation of name, false light, intrusion upon seclusion and public...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Anti-Trust Business & Marketing Essay Research PaperDescription: Both the CollegeHumor’s video “The Conspiracy Behind Your Glasses” and Kim Lacapria’s article “Does Luxottica Own 80% of the Eyeglass Industry?” depict that Luxottica has the largest market share in the eyeglass industry. In particular, Luxottica’s actions need to be regulated and changed. ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |