The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (Essay Sample)
Identify one agency, bureau or department within the federal government responsible for upholding regulations that impact business operations. A few examples are the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) or Department of Commerce. Research and explain the purpose of the agency, bureau and how it directly impacts business.source..
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is a separate entity that works within the Department of Justice in the United States. ATF was established in accordance with the Homeland Security Act of 2002, Title XI of the Public Law 107 to 296. The actual establishment of ATF occurred on the 17th of January 2003. The mission of the bureau is to provide protection to the citizens of the United States from violent criminals, criminal gangs or organizations, illegal trafficking and use of firearms, acts of bombings and arson, illegal diversion of tobacco and alcohol products to avoid taxes, terrorism acts, and the illegal use and storage of explosives ("What We Do | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives", n.d.).
Moreover, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has eight major functions specifically related to:
* Reducing public safety risk brought about by trafficking of illegal firearms.
* Reducing public safety risk brought about by criminal use and possession of firearms.
* Limiting public safety risk occasioned by organized criminal gangs.
* Monitoring for compliance with Federal regulations and laws among the firearms industry stakeholders.
* Limiting public safety risk due to explosives and bombs.
* Limiting public safety risk brought about by criminal and illegal use of fire.
* Public safety improvement in the explosives industry by monitoring compliance with Federal regulation and laws among different explosives industry stakeholders.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to human trafficking:
- Describe the typical HR roles that need to be performed within organizations.Description: Describe the typical HR roles that need to be performed within organizations. Business and Marketing Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- HLS 615 Written 2Description: HLS 615 Written 2 Social Sciences Essay...4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Environment: Water Pollution, Northrop GrummanDescription: What impact did incident crime have on the community/people? Should the individuals involved in the incident be criminally prosecuted? Why or why not?...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Law | Essay |