No smoking rule. Business & Marketing Coursework. (Coursework Sample)
Answer this question in your Blog post:
Should an employer have the right to "require" non-smoking as a condition of employment?
The employee handbook says: "We are a no-smoking company. None of our employees smoke tobacco anytime anywhere. (Smokeless and vapor use are also banned. Violators are subject to immediate dismissal.)"
Be sure to comment on the right of an employer to discharge an employee for smoking when not at work. Also, be sure to consider: Is a non-smoking rule legal? Is it ethical? Is it enforceable? Remember, the key question here is the employee’s right to a job. Number each answer of the question.
No Smoking Rule
Employer's right to "require" non-smoking in employment
An employer ought to have to "require" non-smoking in the workplace as a condition for employment, but the employers need to be aware of the state and local laws. Employers should not discriminate anyone because they smoke, but at the same time, they need to highlight the company policies and their expectations about employee conduct.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to smoking essays:
- Testing and Colorectal cancer: Critical appraisal/ EpidemiologyDescription: In the United States (US), colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer and also the third leading cause of cancer-specific deaths (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2020). The estimated new cases and deaths resulting from colorectal cancer in 2020 alone are 147...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |
- BOS4201 Unit 2. Toxicity. Biological & Biomedical Sciences EssayDescription: A broad range of chemicals is classified as toxic chemicals with the ability to cause harm to both plants and animals, which includes humans. Several classes of these substances contaminate the atmosphere, water, and soil. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Essay |
- Lack of Mental Health services in Louisiana. Research PaperDescription: There is no doubt as to the importance of an individual’s mental health in the same manner that the physical aspect is given recognition. Usually, this is never the cause probably because mental health is more of an invisible component of the self while the physical is much more present....5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |