Thom & DeLillo Discussion. Literature & Language Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Thom & DeLillo Discussion
Thom's Perfect Picture and DeLillo's Videotape are approximately 20 years apart. Thom writes in the time of beat reporters with early cameras and notepads, working to get the story back to the newsroom for the print deadline. DeLillo, 20 years later, writes in time of personal video cameras, DVD players, and the heydey of home movies.
**”Perfect Picture” and “Videotape” are attached.
But, are the two authors dealing with the same essential issues? For this discussion, consider these questions as you develop a comparative analysis position on these two texts:
• how is technology presented by each author: cameras, photos and photography, video?
• how is the news & media presented by each author: reporters, newspapers, TV news, graphic images?
• how is privacy presented by each author: grief, private moments?
• do the authors examine a problem or present a solution in their texts?
• How have the issues and conflicts raised by Thom in "The Perfect Picture" evolved from Thom's 1976 portrayal of a circa 1960 event to DeLillo's 1990s text?
***A whole page is not needed as long as all topics and questions are covered.
Thom and Delillo
In the “Perfect Picture,” Thom had a big, bulky speed graphic camera which was regarded as the trademark for a newspaper’s reporter. On the other hand, in “Videotape,” DeLillo took a simple family video using a video camera. The graphics or video camera is presented as the medium while the message is the image or video from the camera.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Appropriation Art Discussion. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: Art appropriation is an aspect that is globally developing as individuals and artists alike embrace it. It has issues up for debate especially originality and authorship which are issues that create problems especially in the legal aspect of art....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- DNR Ink Discussion. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: One of the viewpoints held in the articles is that DNR tattoos are confusing because they do not account for the current wishes of the patient and that the patient could have had the tattoos when they were intoxicated....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Water Pollution. Literature & Language Assignment Description: Water pollution is a long-standing problem since the era of industrialization. World population has constantly been growing and has been accompanied by a continuous establishment of industries to meet the growing needs of humans (NOAA)....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |