Advocacy for Child Abuse Victims Education Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Early Childhood Education
Topic: Advocacy for Child Abuse Victims
This week’s topic is about advocacy for child abuse victims. In this coursework assignment you will read two separate items and you will answer two different questions. Within your responses to the questions you must define child abuse and child neglect. In addition, you must also discuss the significance of advocacy for abuse.
Step #1: Go to link and read through the California State Laws on Child Abuse and Neglect by Child Welfare Information Gateway.
The website link is here: https://www(dot)childwelfare(dot)gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/state/?CWIGFunctionsaction=statestatutes:main.getResults
Step #2: Read the PDF titled “About CAPTA: A Legislative History” by Child Welfare Information Gateway.
The link to the PDF is located here: https://www(dot)childwelfare(dot)gov/pubPDFs/about.pdf
Step #3: Read this statement “Every day in this country, 1,900 children become victims of abuse or neglect, and four of them will die”.
Question #1: Discuss the reasons why advocacy for children of abuse is something that we all should be thinking of doing?
Step #4: CAPTA defines child abuse and neglect as "Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation"; or "An act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm."
Question #2: Do you agree with this definition? What would you add or delete to this definition?
Step #5: Lastly, post any two questions that you will ask your classmates for the upcoming virtual class discussion that we will have. Your two questions can be anything from what you read in California State Laws on Child Abuse and Neglect by Child Welfare Information Gateway or anything you read in “About CAPTA: A Legislative History” by Child Welfare Information Gateway. Post your two questions after you have answered the questions on step #4.
----- - - - -- - - - - - -- - -- - -- - - - - -- -
• Must be a minimum of 275 words.
* Must be in Times New Roman Font Size 12 with 1-inch margins all around.
• Consider writing a paragraph for each question you respond.
• Make sure your paragraphs have a minimum of 5 sentences.
• Must be in APA 7 format
• Must have at a minimum of one APA citations. For example, your in-text citations can be from the “California State Laws on Child Abuse and Neglect” by Child Welfare Information Gateway or anything you read in “About CAPTA: A Legislative History” by Child Welfare Information Gateway. Feel free to have more than once citation but just make sure to cite them properly in APA 7 format.
• Must have a reference page. In this case your reference or references are “California State Laws on Child Abuse and Neglect” by Child Welfare Information Gateway or anything you read in “About CAPTA: A Legislative History” by Child Welfare Information Gateway
---- -- - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- -- - - - - -
Notes to the Writer:
* In the order form I uploaded the PDF titled "About CAPTA A Legislative History by Child Welfare"
* I believe this is how you can cite the references
Child Welfare Information Gateway. (2019). About CAPTA: A legislative history. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children’s Bureau. https://www(dot)childwelfare(dot)gov/pubPDFs/about.pdf
Child Welfare Information Gateway. (2019). State statutes search California definitions of child abuse and neglect. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children’s Bureau.
* In addition, I uploaded another PDF file titled "Definitions of Child Abuse and Child Neglect" as I figured it could be helpful for this assignment.
Advocacy for Child Abuse Victims
Course Name and Number
Assignment Due Date
Advocacy for Child Abuse Victims
1 Question 1
Victims of child abuse experience many challenges in their life. When a child is abused, this affects their behavioral traits. For instance, among children whose parents tend to be abusive, shyness and low self-esteem are common traits. One finds that due to shyness and self-esteem problems, such children are afraid to take on various activities that their friends engage in. When in school, their low self-esteem and lack of confidence makes them unable to discover their true passions and ambitions in life. Normal interaction with other people also becomes a problem. Victims of child abuse also tend to be over-dependent on their parents. As stated, victims of child abuse exhibit low self-esteem. Therefore, they find it difficult to engage in tasks o
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to child abuse:
- Treatment model for Maltreated Children and Families at Risk EssayDescription: This is an approach to child and family therapy to address the emotional developmental, and behavioral issues. The goals are improving the relationship between the parent and the child through healthy interactions and play. It is an evidence-based approach that enhances the "attachment, engagement...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Child advocacy trauma treatment center: Chadwick Center for Children and FamiliesDescription: Chadwick Center for Children & Families is an organization that was established in 1975 in San Diego County in the United States of America. Chadwick Center is an organization that deals with matters about children's rights, child protection, child abuse, and child neglect....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- ICE3. Unhappiness. The ghost in Franz Kafka's Unhappiness..Description: Franz Kafka's Unhappiness begins with the narrator in a bewildered state. Suddenly from a dark corridor appears the phantom of a child. The narrator is doubtful about whether the young girl is real or a ghost. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |