1 page/≈275 words
The genomic distribution of population (Article Critique Sample)
Dear Writer, The following points must be included in the critique summary: 1. Why was the study conducted, or why was the paper written? What gaps in knowledge or understanding was it intended to fill? 2. What hypotheses were tasted or what research was reviewed? 3. What are the results or conclusions? 4. Who do the results or conclusions shed light on broader issues? 5. What questions did the paper raised for you? 6. What potential methodological problems or flaws in reasoning did you notice? 7. What are some alternative interpretations of the results? 8. Other comets. Please make sure that the sentences are short, simple and direct. Thanks. source..
THE GENOMIC DISTRIBUTION OF POPULATION
(03, November, 2010)
The Genomic Distribution Of Population
The study was conducted to fill a gap in which previous studies that employed few markers in study of geographic pattern of human genetic variation that generated incomplete picture of human diversity at genomic level. Additionally, the study seek to bring forth a detailed understanding of the extend, pattern and meaning of human variation in order to effectively apply genomics in human biology. Lastly the study provided a huge database to the public vital for genotyping technology.
Hypotheses tested include; that most variability in human populations is observed within populations and that a minor portion of genetic variation is as a result of differences between major continents groups. There are no significant differences in heterozygosity in the three populations, East Asian, African-American and European-Americans (Shriver, 2004).
The summary of the results from the research is that there is non uniform distribution of human genetics substructure. Additionally, African has been found to be the origin of human species and that most human genetic variation is found within populations while a minor proportion of the total variance is as a result of differences between continental population groups.
The results are of significance to those who study evolution as well as those in the field of bio-medics. Similarly, the general publics are made to understand their evolutionary origin. The major question is how to develop a set of statistics that will combine positional and branch length information that will help in identifying regions that are likely to be influenced by genetic drift alone.
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Polymorphic Y Chromosomies HarborDescription: Undergraduate level Article Critique: Polymorphic Y Chromosomies Harbor...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Life Sciences | Article Critique |
- A Map of Human GenomeDescription: Undergraduate level Article Critique: A Map of Human Genome...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Life Sciences | Article Critique |
- Evo-Devo- Evolutionary Development MechanismDescription: Undergraduate level Article Critique: Evo-Devo- Evolutionary Development Mechanism...2 pages/≈550 words | 8 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Article Critique |