Decolonize Arts Institutions Visual & Performing Arts Term Paper (Term Paper Sample)
let me know if you have any question pls
Short Research Paper
- Due 12.11 by 5pm
- For the final project of our course, you have the option of writing a standard research paper:
- 5-8 pages in length, 12 pt, Microsoft Word, double-spaced, 1" margins.
- This paper will be on a topic of your choice, gathered from course readings and discussions and expanding beyond them. We had many more topics we could have addressed if we had a year to do so!
- If you choose this option, please use MLA or Chicago Manual of Style for citations. Be consistent. We will consult on the topic by Week 10, November 12 (in office hours or class discussion time).
- Clarity of argument and writing, effective use of research materials, conclusions in your own words, not those of others.
Decolonize Arts Institutions
Over the previous years, the idea of decolonization has been important in the art discourse. The decolonization of art institutions in various parts of the world has turned into a heated debate. The idea of decolonizing art institutions usually aims to question the ability of art institutions such as museums in including different perspectives and ideas in their museums. It also includes reviewing the canon and the arts institutions going beyond the dominant cultural groups and minor groups. Decolonizing art institutions means fighting social hierarchies and societal inequalities. The artworld is faced with criticism of gender, race, connection to colonial past, and ethnicity. Ariella A
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Evidence-Based Project, Part 1: Identifying Research MethodologiesDescription: Review the Resources and identify a clinical issue of interest that can form the basis of a clinical inquiry. Keep in mind that the clinical issue you identify for your research will stay the same for the entire course. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Final Project: The Tragedy of Macbeth. Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: When people emanate into power, they chip into a feeling that their decisions, which most of the time conflict over the lives of other individuals, are not their responsibility....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Please write a response to the post. Article Critique.Description: Hypertension in the Post - Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) patients is considered one of the common issues that healthcare professionals must be aware of....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |