Capstone Assignment: Wente, Margaret Medical Marijuana Is A Mirage (Term Paper Sample)
Look at files addedsource..
The draft is to be written in point form and consists of a summary map and a point form outline for each analysis paragraph.
THIS IS WHAT THE ARTICLE IS ON
Wente, Margaret (2018). Medical marijuana is a mirage.
Part 1: summary of the argument
Write up a summary map of the argument for your Capstone article, in point form. Use the following three headings in your map: Thesis, Claims, Supports
Here are some hints for creating your summary map:
* Read the title; it usually gives you a hint at the thesis
* Read the intro and conclusion – what significant idea gets repeated?
* Read each paragraph and look for the topic sentence – this indicates the claim
* Once you have a list of claims, organize those claims. For example, if the author is making the same point in more than one paragraph, condense the points into one point.
REASONS/SUPPORTS FOR CLAIMS
* Look for opinions, facts or other evidence that the author uses to prove that the claim is valid
* Remember, you don’t have to agree with these supports; you may not think that they are valid, but, at this point, you are not evaluating – your job is to identify those supports
* Supports may include counterarguments
* Write up the claims and supports using your own words
Summary Map Template/10
Fill out this template with your summary information, in point form. Add points as needed to identify the complete argument from your capstone article.
ARTICLE TITLE AND AUTHOR:
Margaret Wente; Medical Marijuana is a Mirage
* That the Medical Marijuana Industry is a billion dollar industry, backed up with the promise of providing an alternative cure. This is despite the lack of conclusive research to back up such hype
* That medical industry is the ‘backdoor’ for marijuana enthusiasts and entrepreneurs to procure and sell the drug.
* That the legal
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to legalize marijuana:
- Legalization of Recreational Marijuana & Adolescents in CaliforniaDescription: Currently, nine states have legalized marijuana, and the number is expected to increase in the future. Studies in the past have established similarity of adverse effects from state to state....6 pages/≈1650 words | 7 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Solutions For Marijuana Problems Writing Assignment Description: Marijuana use is a big problem, the essay has to include three solutions for how to deal with marijuana problem, such as how to control the marijuana use, how to get rid of marijuana if addicted to the marijuana...2 pages/≈550 words | 6 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Marijuana should not be legalized. Business & Marketing Research PaperDescription: It has been falsely stated that smoking marijuana is harmless and does not affect the health of marijuana/cannabis smokers, and secondary smokers, but this is not the case...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Research Paper |