True Subject Or Theme Of "The Italian Job" (Term Paper Sample)
Cinema 7B Film Analysis Assignment
Begin by reading Chapter 9
1 Rent and view one of the films from the list below. You should view the film at least twice. Take notes as you go and pause and replay scenes that you don’t understand or that you find particularly interesting.
2 Write a paper which answers the questions below.
1 For minimum credit answer all the questions below. Be sure to number your answers.
2 More complete answers will receive higher scores.
3 Papers must be type written and double-spaced. No papers will be accepted by e-mail. Length: Four to Seven pages.
1 What is the true subject or theme of the film, and what kind of statement, if any, does the film make about the subject? Which elements and which scenes contribute most to addressing the theme of the film?
2 How do all of the separate elements of the film relate to and contribute to the theme, central purpose, or total effect? Film Elements:
a. Narrative – The manner in which the story is told. What is the plot structure? Is it chronological or non-linear? Are there flashbacks or other narrative devices and why are they used?
b. Acting – the qualities of the performances. Is the acting realistic or is it mannered? Are the characters dynamic (do they change as the film progresses)? How?
c. Cinematography – The qualities of the photography and lighting. Identify specific scenes and camera shots that you thought were particularly interesting.
d. Editing – The pace and tempo, the use of transitions and the organization of the narrative. Identify any editing technique you thought was particularly interesting
e. Art Direction and Design – Locations, sets, effects, props, costumes and make-up.
3. What scenes in the film show the director’s style and how do they show it?
4. What were your personal reactions to the film? What are your personal reasons for liking or disliking the film?
Comedies: My Favorite Year (1982), As Good as it Gets (1997), The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005), Borat (2006)
Caper Films: Ocean’s 11 (1960), Ronin (1998), The Italian Job (2003), The Town (2010), Argo (2012)
Martin Scorsese Films: Mean Streets (1973), New York, New York (1977), Raging Bull (1980), The Aviator (2004)source..
True subject or theme of the film
In the film The Italian Job, a group of thieves target a gold heist after being double crossed by an associate. The 2003 film is based on the original 1969 film of the same name, but there are new plot twists, and the director integrated new technology. The heist film or big caper the central plot theme is the heist and the caper films are in the crime genre category. The thieves get hold of the gold bars that is now in a Venetian safe, and have to do this without arousing suspicion. The characters have different roles from John Bridger Charlie Croker the mastermind to Lyle the computer guru, Handsome Rob the getaway driver, Stella Bridger the safecracker and Left-Ear. Even after the heist the...
- Assignment EAC Research: Recreation and SportsDescription: The target audience in this paper are the youths. Those people between the ages of eighteen years to thirty-five years....5 pages/≈1375 words | 2 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Term Paper |
- Getting to know Gout. FDA ConsumerDescription: Undergraduate writing level 4 pages Creative Writing Format Style English (U.S.) Term Paper. Read the instructions - Getting to know Gout. FDA Consumer...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Term Paper |
- Aspects of Culture/Ethnicity Description: Creative Writing: Aspects of Culture/Ethnicity...7 pages/≈1925 words | 2 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Term Paper |