Describe the Ethical and Socially Responsive Business (Term Paper Sample)
Because of the human aspect of ethics and its links to business success, corporate leaders must be careful about their behaviors, and how they address problems. For this assignment, you must select the code of ethical conduct for one (1) of the following restaurants:
(1) Cheesecake Factory (http://investors.thecheesecakefactory.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=109258&p=irol-govconduct)
(2) Ruby Tuesday (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=83799&p=irol-govHighlights)
(3) Chipotle (http://ir.chipotle.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=194775&p=irol-govConduct)
As a basis for your written assignment, you will assume that you are the CEO of your chosen restaurant. Be sure to identify the restaurant you have chosen in your written paper.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
(1) Describe key areas of the selected company’s code of conduct that are of significant importance to the business, and explain why.
(2) Explain the key steps that the company should take to ensure that employees follow the code of conduct.
(3) Suggest three (3) ways in which the restaurant can engage in socially responsive activities in the community within which it operates.
(4) Use at least two (2) quality resources. (One resource may be your restaurant choice above, and the other resource may be an outside resource or your class textbook). You will need to cite these resources within your assignment and on your reference page. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as a quality resource.
Pages Two (2) and Three (3):
(1) Write a paragraph introducing the importance of having a code of ethical conduct. Tell the reader which code of ethical conduct your chose for your assignment.
(2) Write at least three paragraphs that each discuss one of the following:
a. Key areas of the selected company’s code of conduct that are of significant importance to the business (and why)
b. Key steps the company should take to ensure that employees follow the code of conduct.
Three (3) ways in which the restaurant can engage in socially responsible activities in the community within which it operates.
(3) Write a paragraph concluding your assignment that restates the main idea of your assignment by reminding your reader why this topic is important.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Discuss the roles of ethics and social responsibilities in business.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in business.
Write clearly and concisely about business issues using proper writing mechanic
Ethically and Socially Responsive Business
Ethically and Socially Responsive Business
Business ethics and corporate social responsibility (CSR) are some of the issues that determine whether an organization will fail or succeed in its area of operation. This paper discusses the code of conduct for Cheesecake Factory and the options that it can take to engage in CSR in its area of operation.
One of the most significant areas of the company’s code of conduct is the standards section as it defines the legal expectations of the company and its employees. On top of this, this section of the code of conduct gives out information concerning how the company’s senior staff and junior employees should carry themselves in the organization. In summary, this section is pivotal to the organization as it ensures that truthfulness is a moral standard in the organization that in turn helps in creating a lasting trust with the customers (Sullivan, Smith, & Esposito, 2012).
The Compliance with Company Policies and Procedures section is also an important section of the organization. The significance of this section is based on the premise that each employee in the organization regardless of their rank is supposed to create a mutual respect for the other (Walton, 2010).
The other crucial section of the code of conduct is the one on Conflicts of Interest. This section is important as it sets out the ways through which the employees can create a balance between their personal life and work. Under this code, the employees are supposed to desist from engaging in activities that put them in conflict with what they do at the company or to engage in activities that are not in the best interest of the organization (Sullivan, Smith, & Esposito, 2012).
Lastly, the other significant section touches on the handling of private information in the company. The significance of this section is out of the realization that the handling of this information in the wrong manner can put the company at risk. This is also important as it ensures that the innovative information that is meant to spur the company’s growth does not get in the competitors’ hands (Walton, 2010).
Steps to Ensure that the Employees Stick to the Code of Conduct
The main element of ensuring that each person adheres to the code of conduct is by bringing everyone on board in its preparation. This ensures that each individual is in agreement and recognizes the rules that have b...
- Outputs Diagnosis Case #2Description: After gathering data on various products, there is a need to choose the best strategy to improve the overall performance...5 pages/≈1375 words| 6 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Term Paper |
- Business Law PaperDescription: On the EU website, the role of European Union funding was clearly outlined. A broad range of projects and programmes were supported by the EU according to this site....4 pages/≈1100 words| 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Term Paper |
- Experiential Learning Opportunities For The Capstone CourseDescription: Today's employers seek employees that can create and identify alternative solutions to business problems, as well as develop rationale to support their decisions...19 pages/≈5225 words| 20 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Term Paper |