SKILL DEVELOPMENT PLAN. Mathematics & Economics. Statistics Project (Statistics Project Sample)
What to submit/deliverables: Word document that contains the Skill Development Plan.
What is the value of doing this assignment? For the last nine weeks, you‘ve been learning how the 10 Skills are an essential part of being successful in the future world of work. In Assignment 2, you began to reflect on your skills and goals and how the 10 Skills have helped you reach accomplishments. Your understanding of the skills have been refined, and now it‘s time to reflect on your strengths and areas for growth again in order to develop a plan moving forward.
For this assignment, you‘ll identify three skills that you‘d like to focus on and develop a plan for. As you think of which skills you‘d like to improve upon, consider choosing skills at varying levels. You might, for example, choose a skill that you are already strong in, but would be excited to continue exploring and building upon, as well as a skill that you might have more room for growth in. At the end of the assignment, you‘ll leave with the beginning of a tangible plan for personal and professional development that you can review with the Career Center team.
Your goal for this assignment is to: Practice your communication skill by using the Skill Development Plan Template to outline a plan for developing skills to support a successful learning experience and career. (See the Skill Development Plan Sample.)
Steps to complete: In Week 9, complete and submit your Skill Development Plan using the following steps:
STEP 1: Identify the targeted skill. Summarize your strengths and areas of improvement in this skill area. Then, identify your desired outcomes around this skill area and write a positive goal statement. Complete the following sections of the template: Target Skill, Strengths, Areas of Improvement, Desired Outcome, and Goal Statement.
STEP 2: Specify the actions you can take to work towards your goals, with specific strategies and practices that you can apply. Identify any potential obstacles and challenges to achieving your goal. Complete the following sections of the template: Practices for Growth, Action Steps, and Potential Obstacles and Challenges.
STEP 3: Keeping your action plan in mind, identify trusted supporters and university resources that can help you in your skill development plan. Complete the following sections of the template: Key Supporters and Supporting University Resources.
STEP 4: Reflect on the connections between skill development and your overall personal, academic, and professional goals. Complete the following sections of the template: Benefits From Change and Connections to Personal, Academic, and Career Goals.
STEP 5: Complete Steps 1‐4 for the two other skills you have identified.
STEP 6: Save the template with your completed responses as a Word file titled Your Name, WRK100_Assignment 3 Skill Development Plan and submit in Blackboard in Week 9.
SKILL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
TARGET SKILL #1
Target Skill #1: Specify the skill you are developing this development plan for (e.g., Communication, Technology, Productivity).
Strengths: Describe your strengths in this skill.
I am an active listener who gives the right suggestions and answers questions appropriately.
Areas of Improvement: Describe areas of improvement in this skill.
I would want to improve my proficiency in different languages and understand how culture influences communication.
Desired Outcome: Describe your goals around developing this skill during your time at Strayer. Think about what improvement of this skill looks like.
The improvement of communication skills entails gaining the ability to interact with people from various cultural backgrounds.
Goal Statement: Write a positive statement that includes your desired outcome and your imagined preferred future after development.
I want to be an effective communicator who is not affected by the language barrier.
Practices for Growth: Describe 2–3 specific strategies that can be used to develop this skill.
Describe an action plan around developing your skill that includes things you can do now to begin working towards your goal. What specific actions are needed to acquire knowledge and build upon your skill?
* Step 1: Being an outgoing person so that I can meet different individuals.
* Step 2: Reading journals, books, magazines, and articles to increase proficiency in using distinctive languages.
* Step 3: Learning how to read, write, and speak different languages.
(Add more steps if necessary.)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Airline Occupancy Rates. Mathematics & Economics. Statistics ProjectDescription: Airline occupancy rates refer to the measurement of the capacity utilization that airlines use to determine their efficiency in filling seats and generating revenue....5 pages/≈1375 words | Other | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- The Lending Club is a lending company based on San Franscisco, CA.Description: Two ways to summarize the qualitative data are by use of frequency bar graphs and a regular pie chart. Below is a pie chart and bar plot of the variable ‘home ownership’ in the data....2 pages/≈550 words | Other | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- Economics 102 Assignment 1: FREDDescription: FRED is a comprehensive up-to-date data source maintained by the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis in the US, which is part of the US central banking system....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | Other | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |