Hours Spent on Facebook, Instagram and other Social Media (Statistics Project Sample)
Write two numerical questions that have something to do with each other.
• Ask 15 men and 15 women both questions.
Create a table of your data.
• Write a paragraph about forms of bias that might be found in your data, using the vocabulary we learned in class.
• Create histograms (one for each question, using all 30 data points, men and women together).
• Create boxplots (one for each question, using all 30 data points, men and women together).
• Compute the mean for each question the standard deviation for each question the five-number summary for each question.
• Write a sentence for each question, describing the shape of the distribution, and giving the value of any outliers (or stating that there are no outliers).
• Write a sentence for each question describing the central tendency of your data, using the appropriate measure and units (years, dollars, etc., don’t just give numbers)
I have identified a number of possible biases in the data. It is possible that there is a selection bias and interviewer bias because I have conducted this survey through Facebook and among my friends and followers in the social media. I did not conduct any offline surveys. Hence, because of the nature of the survey, it is possible that the respondents of the survey would report a greater number of hours spent on social media since they are already active in the social media in the first place.
Also, this was a very simple survey and I no longer had time to pre-test in order to ensure the validity of the research design as well as to determine whether the wordings of the questions are correct. There are many possible ways that the respondent could interpret the second question, "How many hours do you spend on Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites?" because I did not specify whether the use of social media was limited to the computer or also to mobile (which typically have instant connection to social media sites thanks to mobile phone apps developed by Facebook, Instagram, etc.). Also, I only mentioned Facebook and Instagram in the question, but there are other sites which the respondents might access, but they may not be aware that these are social media sites (for example, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
Table 1: Survey Results
How old are you?
Average number of hours spent on facebook, instagram and other social media sites in a day
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Statistic Project ProposalDescription: Statistic Project Proposal Mathematics and Economics Statistics Project...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- An investigation on central limit theorems under finite population samplingDescription: Just a friendly remainder: my professor said that the project should be highly related to the survey sampling since this is a project for survey sampling class...8 pages/≈2200 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- How Do GDP Changes On A Quarterly Basis Affect The S & P 500 Index?Description: How do GDP changes on a quarterly basis affect the S & P 500 Index (SPX)? While predicting the future value of the index is difficult, when there is a relationship between the two this indicates there is robust growth. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |