Summary and Descriptive Statistics. Statistics Project (Statistics Project Sample)
There is often the requirement to evaluate descriptive statistics for data within the organization or for health care information. Every year the National Cancer Institute collects and publishes data based on patient demographics. Understanding differences between the groups based upon the collected data often informs health care professionals towards research, treatment options, or patient education.
Using the data on the "National Cancer Institute Data" Excel spreadsheet, calculate the descriptive statistics indicated below for each of the Race/Ethnicity groups. Refer to your textbook and the Topic Materials, as needed, for assistance in with creating Excel formulas.
Provide the following descriptive statistics:
1. Measures of Central Tendency: Mean, Median, and Mode
2. Measures of Variation: Variance, Standard Deviation, and Range (a formula is not needed for Range).
3. Once the data is calculated, provide a 150-250 word analysis of the descriptive statistics on the spreadsheet. This should include differences and health outcomes between groups.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Summary and Descriptive Statistics
Summary and Descriptive Statistics
Data Evaluation in the Health Care Industry is a very important and basic factor. In order to understand the differences between several groups, doctors need to analyze their data. The best way of data analysis is by using the Measures of Central Tendency and by calculating the measures of Variations.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Application of the Pearson Correlation Coefficient and the Chi-Square TestDescription: Pearson Correlation Coefficient Test. The correlation coefficient of Pearson is the research metrics that calculate the empirical correlation between two dependent variables. It is recognized as the best way to assess the correlation between important variables since it is centered on the correlation...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- Calculating/ interpreting ANOVA table Mathematics Statistics ProjectDescription: The purpose of conducting this research was to find how different people with varying levels of education exercise for varying amounts of time throughout the week. Both t-test and ANOVA could be used for this purpose, but I chose ANOVA because it enabled me to see the effectiveness of the population...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- Data Analysis Report Mathematics & Economics Statistics ProjectDescription: The United States Census Bureau keeps track of the number of adoptions in each State (and Washington D.C.). The data includes the population of each state, as well. How should adoptions be summarized and displayed? In this analysis, we are trying to develop an understanding of the sizes...6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |