Measures of Central Tendency Essay #2 (Statistics Project Sample)
MEASURES OF CENTRAL TENDENCY
By submitting this assignment, you affirm that it contains all original work, and that you are familiar with Trident University’s Academic Integrity policy in the Trident Policy Handbook. You affirm that you have not engaged in direct duplication, copy/pasting, sharing assignments, collaboration with others, contract cheating and/or obtaining answers online, paraphrasing, or submitting/facilitating the submission of prior work. Work found to be unoriginal and in violation of this policy is subject to consequences such as a failing grade on the assignment, a failing grade in the course, and/or elevated academic sanctions. You affirm that the assignment was completed individually, and all work presented is your own.
Using the data you collected in the Module 1 SLP, write a paper (1–3 pages) including all of the following content:
Calculate the mean, median, and mode of your collected data. Show and explain your calculations.
Are these numbers higher or lower than you expected? Explain.
Which of these measures of central tendency do you think most accurately describes the variable you are looking at? Provide your justification.
Create a box plot to represent the data, labeling and numerating all 5 points on the box plot. For the plot, you may draw and insert it in your paper as a picture. Make sure it is legible.
Module 2 - Case MEASURES OF CENTRAL TENDENCY
The data collected focused on the spent talking on the phone each day for10 observations. Since there are various primary activities, the time spent talking on the phone is indicated by the overall calls duration rather than calculation every time a call is made or received. The call duration collected at the end of each day were noted to facilitate analysis. This is separate from the times spent communicating via the internet using smart phones. In cases where time is spent talking on another phone that is not timed, including the telephone then this was noted down to ensure that data collected reflected time communicating on the phone. One is more likely to have a better estimate of the time the communicating via phones than most other activities inkling reading since it is a daily activity and there are expectations.
Mean, median, and mode of collected data
The dataset is 42, 33, 58, 42, 24, 35, 40, 70, 55, and 47. The Mean is the average of the data= (42+33+58+ 42+24+ 35+ 40+ 70+ 55+ 47)/10 and this is 44.6 minutes. The median is the middle point of the data and there is a need to rearrange the data. Rearranging in ascending order the dataset is now 24, 33, 35, 40, 42, 42, 47, 55, 58, 70 and since there are 10 observations the median is the average of the fifth and sixth value, and hence the Median is (42+42)/2 = 42...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to cell phone:
- Global Benchmarking Plan: AppleDescription: Benchmarking relates to setting standards so as to compare results based on the business strategies, and aimed at improving business performance...6 pages/≈1650 words | 10 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Using the Five Forces Model of CompetitionDescription: The forces give a good outline of the feasible strategies a company needs to employ to outdo its competitors. ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Essay |
- Communication for LeadersDescription: What do you like best about the phone you are using? What are the features that would make you feel that you have an ideal phone...4 pages/≈1100 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |