Confidence Interval Mathematics & Economics Statistics Project (Statistics Project Sample)
In the Topic 1 Assignment, you compared the BMI values from Data Set 1 (in the appendix of the textbook) from a perspective of measuring the center and variation of the data. Chapters 5 and 6 in the textbook allow you to use more sophisticated tools to estimate the parameters of a population.
Refer to Data Set 1 in Appendix B and use the sample data with Excel and/or SPSS to accomplish the following:
Construct a 99% confidence interval estimate of the mean body mass index for men.
Construct a 99% confidence interval estimate of the mean body mass index for women.
Compare and interpret the results. It is known that men have a mean weight that is greater than the mean weight for women, and the mean height of men is greater than the mean height of women. Do men also have a mean body mass index that is greater than the mean body mass index of women?
The Standard Deviations
Confidence Interval 99 Percent Lower
Confidence Interval 99 Percent Upper
The Interval Width
From this table, it is evident that the 99 percent confidence interval for the mean body mass index for men is 28.280 as the upper value and 23.200 as the lower value.
The Standard Deviations
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to body image:
- The Cellular Components of Blood. One of the major body components.Description: Blood is one of the major body components. In humans and animals, it is responsible for transferring gases and nutrients from one part of the body to the other and can transport metabolic waste products away from the cells....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |
- Japanese negative tattooing image and Japanese societyDescription: In the world of tattoo art, Japanese tattoos are considered to be the most popular style. However, in Japan, the culture of tattoos continues to be a disgrace. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Impact of Exercise on Weight and Health. Term PaperDescription: Several factors affect the ability of individuals to achieve and maintain the correct energy balance so that they can have a consistent body weight. ...5 pages/≈1375 words | 2 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Term Paper |