Who is the best QB of all time? Statistics Project (Statistics Project Sample)
This project is to determine who is the greatest of all time! Well, sort of. We will look at the NFL quarterbacks from 2000 – 2011 and attempt to determine who was the best and worst over this time period. The general idea is to use this type of analysis to compare quarterbacks in the modern age. The issue is that you can not directly compare the numbers from one season to another as the rules, defenses, and other conditions change, so direct comparisons of a single statistic is not valid, therefore, we use the z-score. Take into account standard deviation for each season.
Your job in this project is to answer the simple questions:
• Which quarterback had the best single season during this period?
• Which quarterback had the worst single season?
When answering these questions, please use the WP/Game statistic to determine a quarterback’s performance. Also, please justify how you determine the best performance for each year. Remember that defenses, weather, rules, number of QBs considered, etc., change each year. Last point, before you go about calculating some of the variables, check the excel help menus, they might have a function for that!
It's my final paper for my math class and I couldn't think of how to do it so I decided why not leave it to the professionals? My instructor wants us to use the z-score along with standard deviations to ultimately decide which QB is the best.
Who is the best QB of all time?
* Which quarterback had the best single season during this period?
* Which quarterback had the worst single season?
Based on the Win Probability Added (WPA)/ Game that is linked the Win Probability (WP)/ Game and also using the z-score and standard deviation, the best and quarterback were ranked for the seasons 2000-2011. A z-score (+) represents the score above the mean (positive) and z-score (-) implies it is below the mean (Gravetter, Wallnau &Forzano, 2018).The Win Probability (WP) concept considers the effects of time and score and measures the probability of winning.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Abortion Essays
- Legalize marijuana Essays
- Learning styles Essays
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to single parent:
- Explaining IDEA and the IEP Process. Education Research PaperDescription: Free Appropriate Public Education. The IDEA embraces the fact that Children must have free and quality access to education regardless of the presence of any kind of disability...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Education | Research Paper |
- Human growth and development task 4. Psychology EssayDescription: A child’s temperament is based on the traits and behaviors genetically determined through their responsiveness. Consequently, an infant displays particular distinct behavior that noticeably has genetic influences right after birth (Hong & Park, 2012). ...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Discussion 7 Assessment Essay. Education Assignment.Description: The school where I teach has been very keen on ensuring that teachers learn about their students and their families. This area has been a key strength for the school. For instance, the school provides parents with opportunities to participate in school initiatives. ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |