Persuasive Speech Presentation: Increasing the Minimum Wage (Speech Presentation Sample)
here is my PERSUASIVE SPEECH
Minimum Wage Should Be Raised
i want to write down Persuasive .the speech MUST TO BE TO convince to audiences .
YOU HAVE TO ADDRESS THOSE THINGS IN YOUR SPEECH
=DESCRIBE PROBLEMS( CURRENT LANDSCAPE)
=HOW IT AFFECTS AUDIENCE
Persuasive Speech Assignment
General Purpose: To persuade
Specific Purpose: To persuade audience members to change their attitude, belief and behavior about a particular issue and subject. Urge the cooperation of the audience by asking for specific action. Students are expected to present a persuasive message that is audience adapted, well-reasoned, clearly organized,
Topics: Minimum Wage Should Be Raised
• Once you convince your audience that there is a significant problem, and describe the details of the workable solution, you will address the inherent benefits to society if your suggestion is started, changed, or stopped.
• You are urged to use audience involvement in the resolution of the issue by providing an action step for the audience.
• The call to action is an essential component in the persuasive speech.
• You may decide to use emotional language to evoke the desired audience response. You should carefully consider the ethics of your persuasive goal and act in the best interest of your audience at all times.
• At least three credible sources must be mentioned in the speech and referenced properly in outline.
• At least one visual aid should be utilized in the speech.
Use simple English words, please.
Persuasive Speech Presentation: Increasing the minimum wage
General Purpose Statement: To persuade
Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience about the need to increase the minimum wage
Specific Action Step: Argue the case how low minimum wage affects the families and call for legislators to implement the provisions of Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007.
The issue of raising the minimum wage has been in the news lately. There has been debate on the efficacy of minimum wage, but the issue has been in the public domain for long. The belief in the American Dream with a set of ideals that include liberty, rights, equality and opportunity for success is deeply engaged in the American psyche However, the low wage earners do not receive a living wage living wages, making upward mobility difficult. Low wage earners are some of the most hardworking, and even when they desire to upgrade their skills is hard as they are caught up in a vicious cycle of poverty (Aaronson, Agarwal & French 3113).
INCLUDEPICTURE "http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ROC-minimum-wage-report-graph-1.png" \* MERGEFORMATINET
< HYPERLINK "http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/06/21/2194701/race-minimum-wage/" http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/06/21/2194701/race-minimum-wage/>
Transition: I will highlight the need moving away from indexing the minimum wages with inflation ought to be considered, as the real wages have fallen. Increase wages for those able to work is a better solution, while employers will seek eligible workers who are willing and able to work.
American workers are losing out from low wages and higher inflation
Americans are already accustomed to having a minimum wage, but the real value of these wages has declined over time.
The concept of the minimum wage is not a foreign one, and since employers merely pay the agreed wage they are under no obligation to pay a living wage.
Since we are in agreement that Americans value the minimum wage, it is not too much to ask for a rise.
The rate has changes little over time, while the inflation rate has outpaced the wage increase. Clearly, workers are losing out and living in economic hardship.
The minimum wage provisions have not been fully implemented
The Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 was adopted to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938.
- Refutative Speech: The Role Of Parents Against Bullying In The Modern AgeDescription: According to recent studies, about 77% of all students have experienced some kind of bullying more than once in their lives as students...1 page/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Speech Presentation |
- Persuasive Speech Presentation: Increasing the Minimum WageDescription: Argue the case how low minimum wage affects the families and call for legislators to implement the provisions of Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Speech Presentation |
- Cannes City in France: An Exciting Place I have visitedDescription: Speech Presentation: Cannes City in France: An Exciting Place I have visited...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Speech Presentation |