Research Assignment Media Deregulation in the U.S. (Speech Presentation Sample)
Contrast the US and China's media deregulations
1. Briefly describe how the United States treats media deregulation.
2. Briefly describe how the China treats media deregulation.
3. Which country is better at deregulating the media?
4. The advantages and disadvantages of media deregulation.
Media Deregulation in the U.S
Media deregulation was achieved through the Telecommunications Act, which was signed by President Bill Clinton in 1996. The act removed almost all restrictions on the number of radio and television stations a single company could own. There were only two restrictions in the act. One, a single company could not own more than two stations in the same market. Two, a single company could not own radio and television stations that had an audience of more than 35% in the United States. The act also removed price controls on cable television programming.
Media Deregulation in China
- Public Speaking Class: Monroe's Motivated Speech On Organ Donation Description: Show that a problem exists that needs to be solved. DO NOT tell people the solution, just inform your audience on how severe the problem ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Communications & Media | Speech Presentation |
- Informative Speech Presentation on Different PhobiasDescription: Informative speech presentation on Pobias. Must be factual, can not be a perasuive speech . There has to be 3 references not just internet but books ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Communications & Media | Speech Presentation |
- Use Of Mobile Technology To Calm Upset Children Description: What is your specific purpose statement? What is your central idea? What methods of gaining attention do you use in the introduction? What do you establish your credibility in the introduction?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Communications & Media | Speech Presentation |