Recycling Persuasive Speech (Speech Presentation Sample)
persuasive speech about recycling
Your final project, the persuasive speech, is your opportunity to take a stance on a topic of interest and support your viewpoint. This final presentation represents the culmination of smaller assignments. Consider:
· The topic itself. What is the issue, who are the stakeholders, and why is this important to you? And… why should it be important to us?
· Your topical outline. What do you plan to tell us? What evidence do you plan to share, to convince us that your side is right in this debate?
· What did you learn from the devil’s advocate? How can you use their propaganda against them – so that your argument is even stronger?
· What tips will you use to make a ‘great’ persuasive speech? How can you use visual aids?
· And finally, what will you ask the audience to do once you’ve persuaded them that your viewpoint is the most logical/sensible? Will your concluding thoughts resonate with them?
A few parameters:
· This speech should be 8-10 minutes in length.
· Submit the outline for this speech with your four sources (use the template below).
· Establish credibility
· Use visuals where you can!
· Show enthusiasm! Use your voice to engage the audience and leave a positive impression.
You may access your Speech Outline Template in the assignment item for the week.
Persuasive Speech: Recycling
OUTLINE FOR PERSUASIVE SPEECH ON RECYCLING
A. Attention Grabber – Without recycling, what would the world be like in 2065?
1. The earth’s atmosphere is filled with smelly, dirty, smog.
2. Landfill space has been used up.
3. The garbage has to be recycled.
B. Thesis: We must reuse or recycle items.
* Recycling will save landfill space
1 June 1991 Norwalk Newspaper Archives
* Each American throws away four pounds of garbage daily
* That would fill a fleet of ten-ton garbage trucks
2 We dump 179.6 million tons of garbage in landfills every year
3 We burn or recycle only around 14% of our garbage
4 In the next 20 years, 80% of our landfills will be used up
5 Decomposition of garbage in landfills takes years
* Newspaper buried 12 years and still readable
* Steak buried for 15 years still retains its fat
* Recycling will conserve our natural resources
* Americans purchase 62 million newspapers daily and throw away 44 million
* That is equivalent to 500,000 trees in a landfill each week
* Benefits of recycling
1 Reduces waste
2 Saves the energy required to cut trees
3 Protects forests
* Paper constitutes about 40% of garbage, and it can be recycled instead
* 18% of our landfills is yard waste and leaves
* Composting this garbage would enrich our soil
* Recycling is cost-effective
* Berlin recycles 58% of its garbage and saves $150,000 each year
* The state has reduced its landfill by 90% due to recycling
2 Applicable examples
* For recycled aluminum, recyclers received $93 million from Reynolds’s Metals
1 The United States sells garbage to Europe for $5 a pound
2 Europe recycles it and sells it back to the United States for $500 a pound
* Opposing Viewpoint
1 Recycled products are hard to find
2 Recycled paper cost more
3 Recycled products are inferior in quality
* Action Steps
1 Use cloth shopping bags that are washable and reusable
* Utilize recycled paper
* Recycle paper once used
* Restate main points
1 Save landfill spaces
2 Preserve natural resources
3 Save money
PERSUASIVE SPEECH ON RECYCLING
Fast-forward to 2065. The Earth is filled with smog. Landfills no longer exist because there is no room. Garbage must
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Speech on Motivation and Labor Relations. ManagementDescription: Ladies and Gentlemen. Today, I will talk about the benefits of employee motivation as well as the various strategies that can be employed to boost motivation....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Speech Presentation |
- ACC MOD 4 SLP Budgeting, Variance Analysis, And Performance EvaluationsDescription: The comprehensive enterprise and corporate performance management systems (EPM/CPM) integrate strategies to ensure successful strategy implementation and improve processes....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Management | Speech Presentation |
- The 9/11: What Happened? Who Led the Attack?Description: Feel free to incorporate visual aids. This is not mandatory, but it makes for a better presentation, as we learned last week....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Speech Presentation |