Women experiencing depression Health, Medicine Speech Presentation (Speech Presentation Sample)
For this assignment, you are given a real-world scenario as follows:
The Health Commissioner of the state health department wants to commemorate public health nurses at a press conference during Nurses’ Week in May. As one of the nurse consultants at the state office, you have been assigned to develop talking points for the State Health Commissioner’s presentation. The topic you have been assigned is on the history of the role of nursing in the development of public health. There will be other topics discussed and an award given for the public health nurse of the year. She has scheduled 15-20 minutes for this presentation on the history.
Create 5-10 talking points for the presentation but no more than 2 pages. Each talking point should be between 2-4 sentences. Please indicate each talking point with a bullet. Each talking point should include one succinct message. Statistics can be used but must be interesting and easy for a general audience to understand. Below is a sample.
Up to 20% of pregnant women and new mothers experience moderate to severe symptoms of depression. That would mean that in Virginia in 2009, of the 104,979 live births an estimated 20,996 mothers struggled with moderate to severe perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. (VDH, Division of Health Statistics, 2009)
There should be at least 2 APA style cited references cited properly in the talking points and listed at the end noted as references.
Women Experiencing Depression
Women Experiencing Depression
Nursing has played an imperative role in the development of public health systems in the past years. The following are critical items registered for future reference.
* Nurses play a role in developing the right sensitization to the public, providing the correct information regarding several aspects of community healthcare. This assists in ensuring the public are aware of the kind of care they expect from the government through healthcare systems. There are significant results achieved by people who depend on them every time they need information about the services offered (Fooladi, 2015).
* Other than education, public health nurses assist in surveillance and study of diseases within concentrated populations (Nigenda, Magaña-Valladares, Cooper, & Ruiz-Larios, 2010). Their understanding of the community they serve accords them the priority to assist with needed studies for mitigation plans. They are mostly the head of research teams to document information form the societies. Sometimes, prevention steps like vaccinations are adopted
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to depression essays:
- PICO Analysis of Dementia, Delirium, and DepressionDescription: In adults with depression, both pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions have been used together or alone to treat different types of depression, including major depressive disorder: Psychotherapy is one form of non-pharmacological interventions for treating and there are different treatments...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Depression in my adolescent Psychology Essay PaperDescription: As we grow older, things unfold in different ways. What we grew up admiring can turn out to be something that we hate or we may end up confirming our love and admiration for it. For me, life continues to be different than what I anticipated. The things I thought I could enjoy are turning out to be things...6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- DB3 - Forgotten Depression of 1921. Modern Banking Systems. Accounting, Finance, SPSS EssayDescription: Jim Grant’s opinions on the role of the financial institutions on the country's economy might seem biased and skeptical as observed from his seminars and articles....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Essay |