An air quality alert Health, Medicine, Nursing Speech Presentation (Speech Presentation Sample)
The local health department director is going to issue an air quality alert “orange” for the locality which this health department serves. As the public health nurse supervisor you have been assigned to work with the environmental health specialists to prepare a press release. Using the format as provided below, develop a 1-2 page press release. A press release includes the who, what, where, and why and should be succinct and clear. Many press releases include a quote from a local authority e.g. the State Health Commissioner, in order to personalize and add interest. A good public health press release would also include what the average citizen should do; a press release is an opportunity for public health officials to send evidence-based public health messages. Additionally, write a 1500 to 2000 word scholarly essay with at least two references using the APA style should be included.
Below is an example:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Tom Jones
California Department of Health Services
Phone: (916) 555-5555
Fax: (916) 555-5500
[NAME OF YOUR DEPARTMENT] Holds Flu Shot Clinic as Part of
National Influenza Vaccination Week
Local Pharmacy Hosts Fall Festival
[CITY, State]—Today, [NAME OF YOUR DEPARTMENT] is hosting a [EVENT], which is expected to involve more than [MINIMUM NUMBER OF EXPECTED PARTICIPANTS] from [NAME(S) OF AREA(S)]. Some of the activities planned for today include [LOCAL ACTIVITIES].
[INCLUDE ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR EVENT HERE.]
“National Influenza Vaccination Week provides an important opportunity for our community to tell people how important it is for people to get an annual flu shot,” said [NAME AND TITLE OF SPOKESPERSON]. "Getting vaccinated is the single best way for people to protect not only themselves against flu, but their loved ones as well."
For more information about influenza and influenza vaccine visit www(dot)cdc(dot)gov/flu and [INSERT DEPARTMENT/ORGANIZATION WEBSITE, IF APPLICABLE].
Code Orange Air Quality Alert
Code Orange Air Quality Alert
Due to the potential health effects of air pollution, government agencies have been using an air quality index (AQI) to determine the level of air pollution and warn the public. AQI can also be used to predict the daily quality of air. Six categories are used to report air quality and each category has been assigned a color. Orange is used when the air quality ranges from 101 to 150. At this level, the air quality is considered unhealthy, specifically for sensitive populations (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2020). However, the general population is unlikely to experience any health effects at this level.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to pollution:
- Behavior Modification Project Psychology Essay PaperDescription: We recorded in a notebook the number of times we used a vehicle and the number of times we walked to determine whether it was worth it or not. The daily record helped us track our progress and led us to identify better mechanisms to improve....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Comprehensive Analysis Literature & Language EssayDescription: The Build Your Dreams (BYD) Company is a Chinese manufacturing company that innovated Chinese-made batteries, especially as automobile parts (Rarick, Firlej, & Angriawan, 2011). The BYD believes that batteries hold the key to the future. Newer technology relies on battery life, such as mobile phones...10 pages/≈2750 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Answer to question 2. Social Sciences Assignment. Description: Technological development such as the internet has in some manner caused loss of quality farmland, increasing world population, deforestation, pollution, freshwater scarcity, rising sea levels, and high temperatures among other issues....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |