CAS100A Informative Speech: Arnold Schwarzenegger (Speech Presentation Sample)
Danny RedcayCAS100A – Section 003MAPS informative Speech2-14-2017Topic: Abraham LincolnRhetorical Purpose: To informSpecific Purpose: To inform my audience about Abraham Lincoln and why he is my most admiredperson.Thesis Statement: This is why Abraham Lincoln is my most admired Person.Introduction:I. Attention Getter: Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent,a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are createdequal. This is beginning to the famous speech spoken by our sixteenth president at a cemeterynot too far from here during the Civil War.II. Thesis: This is why Abraham Lincoln is my most admired Person.III. WIFFM: Here you will see how a little ambition and wisdom can carry you a long way inachieving your dreams.IV: Credibility: I am a big history buff and I specifically like American history.V. Preview: First I am going to talk about how self-motivated and hardworking Lincoln was then,the emancipation proclamation he signed, and finally the Gettysburg Address he spoke.Transition: Not only was Lincolns presidency commendable but also his standards of lifethroughout his childhood and leading up to his presidency.BodyI. Abraham Lincoln was a very hard working and driven man.A. He taught himself law to become a lawyer.1. Growing up in a small, cabin in rural Illinois young Abe Lincoln didn’t have accessto big name law schools we all know today. So, he instead read and taughthimself.2. He then started his own practice as a lawyer.Transition: Lincoln then decided to get involved in politics and after hard work and ambition Lincolnbecame our 16th Commander in Chief and led the way in ending slavery.II. Second, As the south began to run out of resources and the war began turning to the northernfavor Lincoln signed the emancipation proclamation, freeing the African American slaves from thesouth.A. This was a win-win situation for President Lincoln.1. Primarily, he changed American history as he ended slavery for the first time in theUnited States.B. Additionally, many freed African American men went to the north, joined the union armyand fought for their freedom.Transition: This decision and later signature was quite worthy but his remarks in a Gettysburgcemetery are most commendable.III. Third, Lincoln wrote a short 270 word speech that will be remembered forever as the GettysburgaddressA. He wasn’t even the keynote speaker at the cemetery dedication.1. Lincolns 2 minutes of remarks before the keynote, left a legacy we as a countryremember to this day.B. Also, Lincoln wasn’t required to deliver the Gettysburg address he chose to, to dedicateand pay his respects the lives the of the union men who had fallen at the bloodiestbattle on U.S. soil.1. While he could have been in D.C. continuing to navigate the current war, heinstead respectfully paid his dues to our fallen soldiers.Transition: The Gettysburg Address was a very admirable speech, but would not be as importantwithout the man who spoke those 270 words.ConclusionI. Signal: In conclusion Abraham Lincoln was a very admirable man and U.S. President.II. Summary: I first talked about how hard working and self-driven Lincoln was then theEmancipation Proclamation he signed and finally arguably one of the shortest and mostmemorable speeches delivered in U.S. history Lincolns Gettysburg Address.III. Closure Device: Finally, this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- andthat government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from theearth.source..
Speech: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Rhetorical Purpose: To inform and motivate
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about Schwarzenegger why I admire him most.
Thesis Statement: This is why Arnold Schwarzenegger is my most admired Person.
* Attention Getter: Someone is getting smart and someone is winning, just remember that. This is one of the most remembered you will ever here. His charm was the key to his greatness. He could charm anyone out of anything, and people really liked him.
* Thesis: This is why Arnold Schwarzenegger is my most admired Person.
* WIFFM: Here you will see how
- CAS100A Informative Speech: Arnold SchwarzeneggerDescription: Someone is getting smart and someone is winning, just remember that. This is one of the most remembered you will ever here. His charm was the key to his greatness...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Speech Presentation |
- Presentation of Effective Communication Creative WritingDescription: Effective communicators should consider the audience needs, while providing consistent, timely, concise, and purpose-driven messages...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Speech Presentation |
- RecyclingDescription: Recycling Speech Presentation...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Creative Writing | Speech Presentation |